Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

Here's a likely dumb noob question. On the headlights on my 6s there are 4 "lens" in each housing right?
The outermost are the regular headlights, the next ones in are the turn signals, and the innermost is the high beams. So what the hell is the third lens? I've tried all my headlight and turn signal switches and can't get them to turn on!

I know this isn't all that important but its driving me nuts!

Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
its the fog lights that are an option that i didnt want. as i am aftr the in bumper fogs

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So are they already installed and just disabled somehow or are those lenses in the housings just empty?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
They call them Intergrated Foglights.

Usually came with the sports package, don't to much in the sense of fog just kinda fill in the light gap between where the bottom of ur low beams hit and your car.

But at night that's a definet give away of another 6 lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK so I have an "04 6s wagon. Does the "s" signify Sport and if so, do I have the "Integrated Fogs"? And if I do, how do I turn them on?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
So are they already installed and just disabled somehow or are those lenses in the housings just empty? [/b]
the way i understand it, the housings are completely empty, w/ just a plastic "lens" there. if you want to put bulbs in there, you need to buy two clips for the empty housings ($100 EACH). so, basically, you'd need to buy a new turn signal stalk, 2 bulbs, and 2 clips, most likely well over $250. just go for the bumper fogs, that's what i did :p

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
No, the "S" signifies that you've got a V6 (all Wagons are V6s actually). The Sport Package is a seperate addition. If you had the Sport Package with the Integrated Foglights, the switch to turn them on is on the headlight stalk. You can twist it to turn the fogs on.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
the 6 came in "6i" and "6s" the i meaning i-4 engine the the 2 referring to the V6.

The Sport was a package option with the front and rear bumpers with side skirts and some other trim items.

u can look if u have them, like in Raynmans photo the lens between the high beam and turn signal it will look like that if not it will just a filled in chrome area. You can turn them on with the same ones as the regular lights just down the stick a section rotates a litte bit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK well that clears things up a great deal...thanks alot guys!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts