Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 model, halogen lights. I just had to replace the entire passenger side assembly because of a broken bulb retainer. After getting everything all put back together and wires connected, I have a stupid issue.

On the passenger headlight, the turn signal only lights up when it is engaged. In other words, I should have a constant orange/yellow light but I don’t; only when I use the hazard switch or I engage the right signal. I’ve checked the wires, everything is connected fine. I didn’t have this issue before the assembly swap.

My 2nd issue is after reconnecting all the wires, the reflector light on my driver side is not lighting up. Again, never had this issue before the swap.

The reflector light could just be a blown bulb, I haven’t looked at that one yet. But the turn signal issue is weird. Any thoughts?

·
Rally Racer
1,743 Posts
I have a 2010 model, halogen lights. I just had to replace the entire passenger side assembly because of a broken bulb retainer. After getting everything all put back together and wires connected, I have a stupid issue.

On the passenger headlight, the turn signal only lights up when it is engaged. In other words, I should have a constant orange/yellow light but I don’t; only when I use the hazard switch or I engage the right signal. I’ve checked the wires, everything is connected fine. I didn’t have this issue before the assembly swap.

My 2nd issue is after reconnecting all the wires, the reflector light on my driver side is not lighting up. Again, never had this issue before the swap.

The reflector light could just be a blown bulb, I haven’t looked at that one yet. But the turn signal issue is weird. Any thoughts?
I would check that the new aftermarket headlight assembly has all the same pins and internal wires as the vehicles wiring loom going into it. You will have to unplug the connector and visually check that the headlight has all the pins that the cars has wires. It might just be a matter of pulling the pinned wire out of your old headlight and installing it into the new one.

I am not entirely familiar with the 2nd Gen car but if you have turn bulb that light as a running or marker light then gets brighter when you use the turn or hazard indicator switch this will require two wires and two corresponding pins in the connector.
If the turn indicator is always on with the running/marker light and only blinks off when you engage the indicator switch then that is likely a reversed ground.
Check the connector first and see if it is an obvious omission in wiring or pins.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
DrFeelGood
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing