Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some people were mentioning this in the "TCS off or on when you drive" thread, so I thought I'd start a new topic.

Personally, I don't find the green light annoying -- I don't look at that part of the dashboard often enough. :) But since the gauges are red all the time, and don't change in intensity when you turn on or off the headlights (unless you manually dim it); it's kinda nice to have the indicator there so that you're not accidentally driving without lights, especially when it's not quite dark yet. But that's just my opinion. ;)

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Reading Topic: Headlight indicator

Reminds me too much of the drl indicator on other cars.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Headlight indicator'

Originally posted by SDSilver6

Some people were mentioning this in the "TCS off or on when you drive" thread, so I thought I'd start a new topic.

Personally, I don't find the green light annoying -- I don't look at that part of the dashboard often enough. :)  But since the gauges are red all the time, and don't change in intensity when you turn on or off the headlights (unless you manually dim it); it's kinda nice to have the indicator there so that you're not accidentally driving without lights, especially when it's not quite dark yet.  But that's just my opinion. ;)[/b]
While I have noticed it on an occasion when I didn't care to, twice its reminded me that my lights were on during the day (startup and go in the morning); which is useful for me.

·
Registered
376 Posts

since the headlights turns off even if you forget them when you go away, i don't pay much attention on this...

anyway, i got used to the indicators since the time i was posting about the anoying green lights... :)

·
Registered
878 Posts

A dark circle of tint film cured to problem for me. :D
You can still notice the light but not enough to bother you at night.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Doesn't bother me. I'm glad they put if off to the side. Wouldn't that be grand if it were brighter and right in the middle between the gauges....

·
Registered
37 Posts

Originally posted by kyler13

Doesn't bother me.  I'm glad they put if off to the side.  Wouldn't that be grand if it were brighter and right in the middle between the gauges....[/b]
Doesn't bother me either! But it would great if it were in the middle! ;) ;) :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts