Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 05 6s ... and the housing right under the integrated fog lamps is starting to bubble up ... it had already happened and i took it to the dealer ... they determined the light were running too hot ... however its starting to happen again ... ive only had the car for 1 year and its very strange ...

i also found it strange that the dealer said Mazda determined thats "normal" ... but that would mean i would have to always get my housing changed

I was also thinking about switching the low beam and the fog light to HID ... what do you guys think ?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
wow... u serious??? i never heard of that kinda defect before.....

what is ur habit driving? do u turn on the fog all the time? that's weird... try to go to other dealership and see what they'll say...

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow... u serious??? i never heard of that kinda defect before.....

what is ur habit driving? do u turn on the fog all the time? that's weird... try to go to other dealership and see what they'll say...
[/b]

no i dont ... i only turn them on at night ... and even then i dont drive at night too much ... only on the weekends when i go out but there not on for a long time ... im gonna take it to another dealership

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you have aftermarket lights? and if so, what wattage are they?
[/b]

no i dont have aftermarket lights ... they are all stock

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
never heard of such a thing... ive heard of side markers melting due to LED's and all sorts of wierd crap, but nothing stock. I dont think HID's run much cooler to telll u the truth though. But w/e keep having them swap it out i guess...

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
The stock H3 has been buring the inside of the housing since 03, H3's get very hot and sit to close to the housing. Here is another thread with another thread that I gave a link to.

fog light housing melt down

·
Registered
221 Posts
I don't think switching to HIDs would help. I recall reading somewhere on this forum that HIDs run hotter than the regular bulbs. Can someone else back this up?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
actually they should run cooler.

I don't think switching to HIDs would help. I recall reading somewhere on this forum that HIDs run hotter than the regular bulbs. Can someone else back this up?
[/b]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts