Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm tempted to purchase a set of eyelids for my new speed6.

The light output on the factory hid's seems low, even at the highest setting (which I'm assuming I can manually adjust on the headlight housing). Im not saying the output isn't nice, just that it's pointed very modestly down so drivers wont be blinded by them.

Now If I picked up a set of eyelids, will the output be at all limited vertically?

From the pictures I have seen online it seems borderline as to whether or not the outter projector is at all blocked.

Any info regarding this appreciated.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I don't have a MazdaSpeed, but on my 04 6S I have lids and I also have HIDS, the lids do not block the projector at all and do not effect the light pattern. The light pattern is only effected by the cut off inside the prjector. I am not sure how the MS6 projectors compare to the 6S, but if the cut off is the same then it will not be an issue with lids.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have a MazdaSpeed, but on my 04 6S I have lids and I also have HIDS, the lids do not block the projector at all and do not effect the light pattern. The light pattern is only effected by the cut off inside the prjector. I am not sure how the MS6 projectors compare to the 6S, but if the cut off is the same then it will not be an issue with lids.
[/b]
Whick eyelid model do you have sine they differ slightly.. thanks

·
Registered
599 Posts
So I'm tempted to purchase a set of eyelids for my new speed6.

The light output on the factory hid's seems low, even at the highest setting (which I'm assuming I can manually adjust on the headlight housing). Im not saying the output isn't nice, just that it's pointed very modestly down so drivers wont be blinded by them.

Now If I picked up a set of eyelids, will the output be at all limited vertically?

From the pictures I have seen online it seems borderline as to whether or not the outter projector is at all blocked.

Any info regarding this appreciated.
[/b]

Mine are the Valient style eyelid (the good one). I notice that on the highway I get a cut off line. The top bit of speedlimit or other highway signs are cut off. I do not have HID's though....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts