Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Mazda6 GT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. New here but not to the Mazda world. Own a 2010 Mazda6 GT. 2.5 with a 6 speed manual transmission.

I was wondering if anyone has purchased the headlight eyebrows from ebay. They're listed as the jdm equivalent, the Atenza GH.

Also has anyone dealt with loose fog light housings? I didn't think to check that when I purchased the car lol but they both move about 3-4mm and is very obvious while driving at night. Was going to stuff some vacuum hose where there's an air gap to fix this issue...bought yellow bulbs and wanted to install them, but not if they're going to distract me more than help me lol.

Thanks everyone.

- Jack

·
Registered
2010 Mazda6 GT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone else have some advice? I'm not physically able to remove the bumper cover since the accident. I would be in my C230 still if it weren't for an F250 rear ending me.

Also curious if anyone has used the eyebrow/eyelids you can get for the Atenza model. Thanks everyone!

·
Super Moderator
18,220 Posts
Yeah unfortunately I think they're screwed in from behind - your best bet to get at the housings without removing the bumper would be to remove the wheel and pull back the fender liner. You can do it without removing the wheel but you'll be on your back blindly fishing around with your arm to find things.

I can't think of anyone with the 3nd gen and eyelids but that doesn't mean it hasn't been done. I know some guys talked about it on here and did some quick photoshops - you can find a few images online before committing.

·
Registered
2010 Mazda6 GT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah unfortunately I think they're screwed in from behind - your best bet to get at the housings without removing the bumper would be to remove the wheel and pull back the fender liner. You can do it without removing the wheel but you'll be on your back blindly fishing around with your arm to find things.

I can't think of anyone with the 3nd gen and eyelids but that doesn't mean it hasn't been done. I know some guys talked about it on here and did some quick photoshops - you can find a few images online before committing.
Ok great! I'll see if I can do that.

I was worried the eyebrows wouldn't fit due to the usdm differences with the headlights and bumper cover. I know our headlights are angled differently...strange but this forum confirmed it lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts