Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone i'm new to the forum
I have a 07 M6i and i'm having a problem with my DRL's. When i turn on the car my DRL's doesn't turn on instead the high beams turn on but it acts as the DRL but the light it emits is very low. However when i turn on my headlights (2 times on the stalk) the 194 light which is suppose to be the DRL's turn on along with my low beams turn on and the high beam bulbs turn off. This doesn't seem right, can someone help me make sense of this please?

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks and yes i'm in Canada. In the case is it possible to rewire it so that my 194 lights come on as my DRL when the car turns on instead of the low voltage high beams? Still think it's silly why they wired it this way for Canadian M6's.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts

·
100% CANUCK
7,600 Posts
@StormySky the high beam at low voltage is the DRL for Canadian models with OEM HID's. The 194 is your parking/marker light. Your lights are functioning as they should.

As for rewiring them to function differently, im sure its possible, but i havent seen it done. I just disabled the highbeam DRL by grounding the brown wire connected to the ebrake. Of course the ebrake light remains on at all times after doing that.

Where in Canada are you?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i have no problem with the high beams as the DRL i like the look, but thing is after browsing the forums I bought 194 Super White LED's thinking those were bulbs need for the DRL's. Only to realize now that the Canadian and U.S M6's are different.

I searched around the forums and i didn't find anything related to what i want to do, only disabling them and i don't want to do that. I live in Etobicoke btw.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there anything you can recommend to switch out the high beam bulb for hyper whites and still have my high beams when I turn them on?

·
100% CANUCK
7,600 Posts
Is there anything you can recommend to switch out the high beam bulb for hyper whites and still have my high beams when I turn them on?
You can buy different halogen bulbs for the high beams which will be more of a pure white as opposed to the yellowish stock halogens. Cant direct you to a specific bulb as i havent looked into it myself. Maybe something along the lines of a silverstar bulb?

Another Ontario guy!! Right on. Check out our local Ontario group on FB by following the SOM6 link below in my sig.

·
100% CANUCK
7,600 Posts
Yep another ontario guy here! Unfortunately i deactivated my facebook account a while back don't use it anymore.

Would these work? The high beams are H1's right?

http://www.amazon.ca/Optilux-100W-Xenon-White-Halogen/dp/B000H0ORRA/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=undefined&sr=1-1&keywords=h1+white+halogen
That's too bad. Most of us Ontario folks arent active on here anymore since creating the facebook group.

The high beam is indeed an H1. Those bulbs seem to be a little too inexpensive IMO, but they will work. Not sure if stock is 100W though, which those in the link appear to be.

·
100% CANUCK
7,600 Posts
Ok well i guess i'll take a little peek at the FB group.

I found out the stock high beam bulbs are 55w and i also have been reading that the 100w bulbs can melt your housing, don't want that now.

I heard these are quality bulbs 2X Philips Diamond Vision 5000K Headlight Bulb H1 55W Authentic Germany | eBay
Ya, melting housings is something you'd wanna avoid lol.

Philips bulbs are some of the best on the market. Most OEM bulbs are Philips.

You have been added to the FB group man. We are having a meet on the 7th of Sept. Hopefully you can make it out!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts