Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered these... says no modding necessary... just pop off the headlight cover, unscrew the stock bulbs, and screw these ones in. Is it really gonna be that easy to install these? Are these street legal? It says there just ultra bright, not colored or anything. Anyone else get any new bulbs like this?

Thanks guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Not so fast. Those are HID bulbs so you can't replace the stock ones with them, unless you already have an HID kit installed which you don't.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Those are not HID bulbs! They are just failed attempts at looking like HID! I would not buy cheap bulbs ff of ebay because your gonna get what you pay for, and by that I mean they will probably last a week! And no headlight install is not all the easy at least if you have the v6, you generally have to take the bumper off....

·
Registered
279 Posts
I've got bulbs like those in my headlights and my lower fogs. Easy install for me, but I have a 6i nonsport. They've lasted about a year now..cheap w/lifetime warranty too..from ebay. The main reasons I got em was because I wanted a lil change in color for my lights and still have my fogs exactly matching with my headlights. When you install i think it's important not to touch the bulb (glass) at all.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it's very important you don't touch them. if you do wipe the grease off with some rubbing alcohol. plus, they don't screw in and out. there's a clip that holds them into place.
[/b]
Thank you!

·
Registered
978 Posts
i took some pics when i replaced mine that may help you figure out the clip faster than i did...it's the 5th entry down.
some people say that taking off the front bumper to remove the whole headlight assembly is the way to go.

how to change headlight bulbs (low beam)

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
i took some pics when i replaced mine that may help you figure out the clip faster than i did...it's the 5th entry down.
some people say that taking off the front bumper to remove the whole headlight assembly is the way to go.
how to change headlight bulbs (low beam)
[/b]
if you take off the headlight assembly there is not other option, you have to take off the bumper. as for the bulbs, you might need to take out the airbox for more room in a 6i.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Not so fast. Those are HID bulbs so you can't replace the stock ones with them, unless you already have an HID kit installed which you don't.
[/b]
Haha, and you have been around for a year with over 100 posts!! That is one of the most newbie things I have ever heard

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
DO NOT ORDER THOSE FOGS FROM EBAY!! THEY WILL NOT FIT!! DO A SEARCH.

Just trying to save you some money. If you have a sport, order them from heronew, if you have a non-sport get them from jimclickmazdaparts.com

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DO NOT ORDER THOSE FOGS FROM EBAY!! THEY WILL NOT FIT!! DO A SEARCH.

Just trying to save you some money. If you have a sport, order them from heronew, if you have a non-sport get them from jimclickmazdaparts.com
[/b]
Thanks! Maybe i'll follow your lead.. but just curious... if it says its for my model, than why wouldnt it fit? BTW, i just noticed on that listing it says "does not fit sports models"... is mine a sports model? I think it is... attached is a close up of the front...

..would u say mine is the sports model? I thought it was, with the body kit and stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The pedals fit and the sidemarkers and the antenna and the spoiler
[/b]

OK... so i gotta ask now...

Where is the best place to get cool mods for my car online? I always get directed to these other sites that advertise here... yet, then i look at pix of users cars.. and they have stuff i didnt see on the site. Wtf? Like colored dash kits... good looking seats, fog lights, etc. So, where can i get fog lights for my model of mazda6? I really wanna get a pair... they go a long way to improving a cars looks from the front i think. And where can i find a good assortment of dash kits? Im considering changing out the dark shiny gray stuff that came stock. And where is the best place to get good seat covers? Cause my interior is way too light colored for a dirty cable guy....

PLEASE HELP!

;)

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
if you want the sport model fogs look towards heronew, he has GBs on these.

leather seats are from leatherseats.com (most of them on the forum anyways)

and for any other part i would defenitely go to Donny's website as stated in the above post

·
Registered
133 Posts
Haha, and you have been around for a year with over 100 posts!! That is one of the most newbie things I have ever heard
[/b]

Well I guess the bulbs pictured are H1 bulbs but considering the fact I haven't seen an HID bulb to know if they are physicaly and diffent looking, and the title said HID and not HID comparable I made the assumption that they were. Most of my posts are questions so I am a newbie.

Anyways its not smart to buy those bulbs off ebay unless they are in a brand name box.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
8 Participants
dhunter9912
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing