Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be replacing both of my headlights in the near future (cracks in both housings, sun baked, ect..) while looking at non factory OEM replacements I noticed that the 2nd gen 6 has two different types of headlight assembles. One for 2009-2010 and another for 2011-2013, my question is does the 2011-2013 fit on a 2009? Not sure if anyone would know, but the 2011-13 seem to be a little cheaper, and seems a little sleeker. I would much rather buy the 11-13 if they would fit but I cant get a definite answer out of anyone... Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay so I guess no one has an answer for me. After doing a bit of research nothing body wise has changed (bumper, fender, etc.. all the same part #), the only difference I can find is this actual bulb size. On the 2011- 2013 they switch from a H7 to a 9005, I don't think that would be an issue, but I'm not 100%. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I don't think the switch from H7 to 9005 should have any effect on whether the housing fits in your car or not. From the research you've done, I would go ahead and try it. Worst case scenario you end up with a couple of headlights that you need to sell on ebay if they end up not fitting.

Just a word of caution, I recently was involved in a fender-bender where my driver's side headlamp cracked. The body shop changed the whole assembly but apparently they switched it for non-OEM crap. Everything looks the same on the outside, but the actual lighting on the road is really crappy: white spots, bleeding from the squirrel finders, cut-off is not as clear as OEM, etc. I also found out the headlight leveling system (where you can lower the headlights with the control inside the car) was not working on the passenger side. It turns out the leveling motor is inside the assembly and the non-OEM assembly had no motor inside it. I don't know if your 6 i Sport has that function, but if it does make sure the new assemblies also include the leveling motor inside them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am going to be replacing both of my headlights in the near future (cracks in both housings, sun baked, ect..) while looking at non factory OEM replacements I noticed that the 2nd gen 6 has two different types of headlight assembles. One for 2009-2010 and another for 2011-2013, my question is does the 2011-2013 fit on a 2009? Not sure if anyone would know, but the 2011-13 seem to be a little cheaper, and seems a little sleeker. I would much rather buy the 11-13 if they would fit but I cant get a definite answer out of anyone... Thanks for your time!
Hey just wondering if you ever purchased the 2011 headlights to fit your 2009? I want to purchase some for my 2010, but they cost so much compared to 2011 lights.... SMH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts