Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 M6S and im going to be installing HID's. However i cant seem to find the horizontal adjustment for the headlights. I only found the vertical adjustment. I searched and all I came up with was the adjustments for the 03-04 models.

Im also doing HID's in the fogs and cant seem to find that adjustment either.

Help of any sort would be appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I'm not sure but i'm willing to bet that the headlight adjustment knobs are in the same place. To get to the horizontal adjustments the best way is to peel back the fender lining and look up in there at the headlight. You'll see the adjustment knob pretty close to the outside of the car almost touching the fender itself. Slide your hand up in there with the allen key, and twist away!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
The headlight adjustments for the 05s are not exactly the same as the one posted in the sticky. I put in my HIDs a few weeks ago and found this out first hand but unfortuately I didnt write down what does what.

I believe the horizontal adjustment for the lights is on the far far corner of the light behind the H1 driving lights. If you are looking at the rear of your drivers side headlight, the adjustment will be the far top left adjustment. Im about 90% sure this was the horizontal one.

What I did was I took off my bumper and waited until nighttime. Then I backed my car out of the driveway and unbolted my headlights from the car. I then adjusted each knob until I realized what it did and wrote it down. Most of the adjustments you can make with the headlight in place on the car to hold it steady and tell what it does by looking at the reflection on the garage door.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts