Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whatz up. Basically I lowered my 6s with tein s-tech springs, which seem to lower a little more in the front (my guess is 2 in. in the front, 1.5 in. in the back). I noticed the headlamp aiming was off, it was pointed too low. I tried adjusting using the guide on this forum, but I think the driver's side headlamp fell off its housing. Is there any way to fix this? I went to the dealership and they said they would have to replace the whole headlight housing, which they quoted me for $1400. I was like HELL NO. I'm sure I could find cheaper replacements if need be. Is there any way to fix this? And how would I be able to point the headlamps correctly?

·
Registered
221 Posts
I went to the dealership and they said they would have to replace the whole headlight housing, which they quoted me for $1400. I was like HELL NO.
[/b]
Your dealer is trying to rape you. The entire driver's side headlight assembly only cost me $445.03 Canadian (tax not included) when I replaced it myself.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your dealer is trying to rape you. The entire driver's side headlight assembly only cost me $445.03 Canadian (tax not included) when I replaced it myself.
[/b]
Yeah, you're telling me. I couldn't believe it when they told me the cost. I was thinking to myself, why did I come here again? hahaha, unbelievable.

I guess I'll look around for some junkyards or something. Once I get the newer headlight assemblies, I'll crack open the old ones and see if it really just fell off the bracket. and if itz still good, I'll paint the housing :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
for those who lowered their cars more in the front than in the back, have any of you adjusted your headlights to point higher so it would look normal? I was wondering what I could do to alleviate this situation...

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Yes, I have re-adjusted after lowering. I'm not sure what you are asking, if your headlights are broken, then you aren't going to be able to adjust them.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
for those who lowered their cars more in the front than in the back, have any of you adjusted your headlights to point higher so it would look normal? I was wondering what I could do to alleviate this situation...
[/b]
I just recently adjusted mine SLIGHTLY actually. my drop is 2 in the front 1.8 rear.

Here is the link to Polars sell if you want to just buy a new set.. Not sure if hed sell them single..

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...=65592&st=0

I would take them off the car. shake them and see if it soudns like anything is look. hell bake them and see whats up. if it's fine then hey. paint the bezel while you are at it Lol.

It's alot easier then it sounds to bake the lights. Just gotta be carefull not to let them touch the sides of the oven so nothing melts..... I wrapped mine in foil first.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
+1 for baking the headlights,I work for a dealership and it sounds like something may have come loose,you can reattach everything and just use loctite if nothing is broken to make sure it doesn't happen again.And they were raping you without lube at that price for a replacement headlight.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would take them off the car. shake them and see if it soudns like anything is look. hell bake them and see whats up. if it's fine then hey. paint the bezel while you are at it Lol.

It's alot easier then it sounds to bake the lights. Just gotta be carefull not to let them touch the sides of the oven so nothing melts..... I wrapped mine in foil first.
[/b]
I was actually thinking about that. If I'm gonna take apart the headlights, I might as well black house the bezel, haha. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts