Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jordan,

A lot of us 6i guys (4 bangers) have had our hopes up for headers for a while, as CP-E said that they might look into production. After a long wait, we all kinda gave up, so I was wondering if you could give confirmation that CP-E will not produce headers and midpipes for the 6i guys.

Thanks,
jage

PS welcome to the forums! :)

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
i'd like to find out if headers were made for the speed6 or speed3, or even the regular mazda3, would be able to work the 6i with no CELs. im sure the two speeds would have some differences compared to the 6i, but the 3s shouldn't, right?

seems that the 2.0 headers will fit the 2.3, as scorpion6 found out with his 6i, and many of the mazda3 owners know, like the Thunder headers or Draxas. so the problem is finding a mid pipe that works and works very well since we know damn well that the gains are not really from the header, but the mid pipe.

i think having CP-E make that would be much more likely.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
i'd like to find out if headers were made for the speed6 or speed3, or even the regular mazda3, would be able to work the 6i with no CELs. im sure the two speeds would have some differences compared to the 6i, but the 3s shouldn't, right?

seems that the 2.0 headers will fit the 2.3, as scorpion6 found out with his 6i, and many of the mazda3 owners know, like the Thunder headers or Draxas. so the problem is finding a mid pipe that works and works very well since we know damn well that the gains are not really from the header, but the mid pipe.

i think having CP-E make that would be much more likely.
[/b]
Turbo headers are completely different from non-turbo headers in almost every facet. I'd be SHOCKED if an ms6 header worked on the regular 6

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
theoretically, you "could" use some Mazda3 headers on the car and have it reworked after the collector to fit the 6, but i don't know if that cost would be worth it.

As far as i remember, i'm too lazy to search right now, but there was a thread in which cpe said it's not on their priority at all right now. never that "it will never happen", but there is much more stuff to work on before thinking about those.

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
theoretically, you "could" use some Mazda3 headers on the car and have it reworked after the collector to fit the 6, but i don't know if that cost would be worth it.

As far as i remember, i'm too lazy to search right now, but there was a thread in which cpe said it's not on their priority at all right now. never that "it will never happen", but there is much more stuff to work on before thinking about those.
[/b]
so the collector is different despite being the same exact engine?

and i know about what they said, thats why i discussed the mid pipe instead.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Jordan,

A lot of us 6i guys (4 bangers) have had our hopes up for headers for a while, as CP-E said that they might look into production. After a long wait, we all kinda gave up, so I was wondering if you could give confirmation that CP-E will not produce headers and midpipes for the 6i guys.

Thanks,
jage
PS welcome to the forums! :)
[/b]

Hey Jage! Thanks for the warm welcome.

Mr. Tea has it right. Although we really want to make headers for you guys, we just have too much going on at the moment. Once things slow down a little here, we'll reconsider projects like that.

Jordan

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
so the collector is different despite being the same exact engine?

and i know about what they said, thats why i discussed the mid pipe instead.
[/b]
the position of the collector can be different, place as well as angle. there is much more room in our bay than on the 3 or the focus, either one will bolt up, but they might hit something along their piping, or end at an angle that wouldn't work on the 6.

F2 is still trying to get the volvo done for SEMA or i'd hit up Ricardo again. after SEMA there should more time though.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats what I figured. Thanks.

I'm guessing that probably means that all the cool new projects you guys are working on are probably for the v6 and speed6 crowd then?

·
Registered
886 Posts
Thats what I figured. Thanks.

I'm guessing that probably means that all the cool new projects you guys are working on are probably for the v6 and speed6 crowd then?
[/b]

You got it. Right now most of our efforts are being directed towards the downpipes, a/f tuner and front mount intercooler. Once those projects are finished, that's when we'll consider doing more 6i/6s parts. Wish I had better news to give you :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts