Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

2003 Mazda6s (V6) Shorty Headers and Y-Pipe

These headers are now available for order. Due to the low production volume, each set will be made as it is ordered. Please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery of the Headers and Y-Pipe.

These headers are constructed of 16 gauge mild steel, coated in state of the art Xtreme™ metallic sterling silver ceramic. The flanges are laser cut for accuracy and thick for proper sealing. New gaskets and hardware are supplied with the kit, as well as a pair of MIL Eliminators to make sure no Check Engine Lights come on from the removal of the catalytic converters.

Horsepower and Torque gains are quite impressive on the 3.0L Duratec engine. The peak gains of 17 HP and 15 lb. ft. of Torque (to the wheels) is impressive enough, but the gains in the midrange (3000-4500rpms) of 20 Ft.Lbs. is even more outstanding. (For our dyno tests, we also had installed our prototype Short Ram Intake kit) These headers allow the Mazda designed Variable Cam Timing system to be fully utilized. Combine these headers with a nice 2.5" Cat Back Exhaust kit and the gains will be even more impressive.

As soon as an owner in Southern California with a manual transaxle installs a set of these headers, we will be sure to do a dyno test to show the gains on a manual car without one of our Short Ram Intakes installed. We are just as curious as you are to see how the headers improve engine performance on their own.

Please stay tuned to our website for updates and future product releases!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well my questions are....Is it any good? And will this Mod void my warranty? I would love to gain 17 HP

1 - 1 of 1 Posts