Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up fellas...
I am sure this has been asked before, but i have not been able to find an answer. I have posted with my Fellow Noobs, but have not recieved a response, so i figured I would try here. I have read about the head light housings with the low and high beam projectors, and i would like to know where to get them, or how to fabricate them. On my '06i, I have a low beam projector, a driving light, which also doubles as a high beam when on, a turn signal and a mirrored cap that looks like a projector. I have read about retrofitting light's from earlier models, but not sure if those are the lights i am thinking about. Any info on this subject would help me out, cause i am a little stumped. It's probably something i should be able to figure out on my own, but i can't seem to do so :huh: ....Thanx......Shaun

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I have a low beam projector, a driving light, which also doubles as a high beam when on, a turn signal and a mirrored cap that looks like a projector.[/b]
Are you certain the bold text above is correct? The high beams are the inner most lights, the largest of them all. On earlier models, the driving light (fog light) turns off when you turn the high beam on.

On the 06 models, the driving lights (fogs) are on the bottom, so I believe you have an empty fog projector up top in the housing. This should be the second light in from the right.

·
Registered
690 Posts
this is to help explain wut GreenNuggs said

[attachmentid=12433]

this is from a 03 model with sports package which includes the intergrated foglights.

06 models (as well as 03-05 none sport but with foglight option) have foghlights on the bumper instead. and where it's marked fog lamp in the picture, a plastic piece replaces the actual projector and is empty inside.

i hope this clears things for you

(someone correct me if im wrong)

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Hoho
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing