Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up fellas...
I am sure this has been asked before, but i have not been able to find an answer. I have read about the head light housings with the low and high beam projectors, and i would like to know where to get them. On my '06i, I have a low beam projector, a driving light, which also doubles as a high beam when on, a turn signal and a mirrored cap that looks like a projector. I have read about retrofitting light's from earlier models, but not sure if those are the lights i am thinking about. Any info on this subject would help me out, cause i am a little stumped. It's probably something i should be able to figure out on my own, but i can't seem to do so :huh: ....Thanx......Shaun

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
the only projectors you have are your lows and fogs, if you have integrated fogs. your lights go in this order from outwards in...lows, turn signals, fog lights, high beam and then the parking lights. if you want the retro-fit low beam projectors for HID, they can be found at hidplanet.com. if you want the stock projectors look at one of the board sponsors or you can get them from the factory. not quite sure why you would want the projectors unless you are going with hid.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
what light are you talking about? u want to put the fog light into the mirrored cap?? or retrofitting HID projector? ur questions are not clear enough..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Lights Go like this...Low, turn signal,nothing (just a silver cap), and then the driving light, and high beam are in the same light. From what i have seen on other cars, there are two projectors on either side of the turn signal. At least that is what it looks like in some pics. I know i am probably loosing you guys. I dont know if that is a one high beam and one low beam projector, or if the other projector is a fog light. So i guess my answer would be yes to the above question about putting a fog light in the mirrored cap. If that is what i would have to do. Sorry if I sound like an Idiot, I'm really not, I just like the look of those lights :yesnod:

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
oh... this question has been answered.... our integrated fog light in 03-05 mazda6 uses Bosch mini H3 projector.... they sell them in hidplanet.com ... go to their site, then click on halogen, then you'll see the bosch mini h3 projector....

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=50887

taken from hidplanet:

it's a perfect fit (as it's what mazda uses)... BUT for the wiring, i m not sure.... probably it's in there, and i m not even sure the wirings are the same for the 06

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
i agree with tim. if you are looking for the mini projectors, look where he told you. the first post of yours was extremely confusing. if you bought your car from the united states, it is the same as most of the same that is on the boards.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Alright, thanks again. Just have to swap out the cap for the light, wire it up and i'm good to go... :yesnod: One more question Is all the Wiring Included ?
[/b]
wiring? u mean if u buy the projector from hidplanet?? ....

well if that's what u meant, then NO... it's just a projector... wiring is a different story... which is why i said that i dont know whether the wiring is the same for 06... i mean you can splice and put connectors and everything, but i dont know whether it's doable...

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
should be doable, it would be just like installing fogs from auto zone. hook up to the parking lights or even under the fuse box. it has bulbs included, so the only wiring you would need is from the wires off the lights and into the fusebox or parking lights.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
yes, if it were that easy... then it's fine, but IF 06 mazda6 only has 1 wire instead of 2 wires like in our 03-05 mazda6, then i think u r at risk melting your stock harness... unless u make ur own harness with relay and fuse and everything...

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
true, not quite sure what the 06 has. take some pictures of the back of your headlight where the wires are. make sure and take the dustcaps off so that we can see what's what. then we will be able to tell you for sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
3 Participants
pololance6i
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing