Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Tell us a bit more about your car and story. Is this your first Mazda? What trim did you get?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a new ‘18 Sport with the manual, in machine grey. They were very motivated to get them off the lot in Tulsa, and let me have it for $20k.

I’m loving it thus far. Beautiful car. Already debadged the rear - they pried off really cleanly, didn’t even have to use goo gone!

What’s the feelings around here about the stock Yoko tires?

Welcome to the forum! Tell us a bit more about your car and story. Is this your first Mazda? What trim did you get?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got a new ‘18 Sport with the manual, in machine grey. They were very motivated to get them off the lot in Tulsa, and let me have it for $20k.

I’m loving it thus far. Beautiful car. Already debadged the rear - they pried off really cleanly, didn’t even have to use goo gone!

What’s the feelings around here about the stock Yoko tires?
I've considered an '18 sport manual myself to replace my '15 Touring AT, but have to wait until I start my new job commute next week to know how it will be, traffic-wise. I may be happy to stick with the auto for now.

·
Super Moderator
16,782 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Mine came with stock Dunflops and they were 'meh' - Haven't seen anyone with 'stock' Yokos, or no one's been talking about them on here at least.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum!

Mine came with stock Dunflops and they were 'meh' - Haven't seen anyone with 'stock' Yokos, or no one's been talking about them on here at least.

They're OE on the trims with the 17" wheel, Yokohama Advan A83B. They look exactly like the A83A, which has surprisingly crummy ratings for how expensive they are ($200 per).

·
Registered
641 Posts
I have a '17 Sport 6MT... but I don't remember if my 17" Yoko's are A83A or B... On some pavements they are VERY noisy. The enhancements in noise reductions that your '18 has would be very nice to have (despite the 200# increase in weight... albeit with ~ 3 more ft. lbs. of torque from the engine... all if memory serves). Also, with your having chosen the 6MT you did not get cylinder de-activation (I am not a fan of the latter, call me a Luddite, hehe).

Good on you, and welcome!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts