Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got around to installing my Hawk Ceramic brake pads and let me tell you, they are well worth the $$ :love:

I've been driving on them for 3 days now (city driving, so constant stop and go) and can notice the car stops better and these badboys really bite when you get into them. Also, the best part, is I can still make out the chrome lip :drool: on my rims after driving on them for 3 days!!! The OEM pads would had covered these by now, but not the Hawks.

Thanks to RPM for making another great product available!! :drive:

·
Registered
169 Posts
is this the HPS (street) series?

·
Registered
978 Posts
some people have been saying that if you replace the pads you should replace the rotors...did you do this? I think I might be interested in doing this too...

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can't remember which ones they were.

I had my rotors replaced by the dealer under warranty and the rears were going to be resurfaced, but as it turns out, they were in perfect condition. I would def recommend either replacing or resurfacing the rotors if you do decide to put these brakes on. Otherwise, from what I've heard from other members, you'll get a squeaking/squeeling noise when coming to a stop at slow speeds.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
It depends on what you want to accomplish. If your sole objective is to stop then replacing or resurfacing your rotors is more or less an additional cost since its not going to hinder your stopping ability. However, if part or most of your objective is to have a 'silent' brake system then replacing or resurfacing your rotors would be beneficial. For the most part, fresh pads and rotors both have smooth surfaces. As the system begins to break-in, the wear points between the pads and rotor are going to match, which reduces sound considerably.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I took mine off becuase i cound't stand the slow speed squealing...driving the Belt Parkway (in nyc) everyday it seems i'm always crawling at slow speeds...the Mtx helps with that though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts