• Higher than that

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the toronto board at 1FastM6's thread of getting over 950km's to a tank. I must be doing something wrong, the best I did was 740 km when the light came on. So I figure I could have gotten 850km If I really pushed it. Regardless, what is everybody's choice supplier? do you have doubts about the gas at one station? does your car run better on a certain brand? I think we all want to hear about it, at least I do.

I fill up my 6 at Shell. I love airmiles, and I get them at Shell. I would reluctantly consider another brand If I felt that either shell gas is poor quality, or another brand is superior. I am wondering about 1fastM6's comment about using 89 instead of 87. Is it that much better?

I fill up my work van at Petro Canada because the company gives me a petro card and petro points card for work usage. I was surprised at one pump (St. Joseph Blvd. in Orleans) to use 110 litres when the manual states capacity at 101 Litres. I think we got ripped.

So vote and lets share some stories and thoughts.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
i used sunoco 87 all the time, i get caa points :)

you can easily get 100km more once your light comes on

most i ever got was 650 but i didnt drive it till it was dry and i wasnt trying to conserve gas by any means

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you must have a v6 because I average 600-650km/tank in my situation.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I was on the toronto board at 1FastM6's thread of getting over 950km's to a tank. I must be doing something wrong, the best I did was 740 km when the light came on. So I figure I could have gotten 850km If I really pushed it. Regardless, what is everybody's choice supplier? do you have doubts about the gas at one station? does your car run better on a certain brand? I think we all want to hear about it, at least I do.

I fill up my 6 at Shell. I love airmiles, and I get them at Shell. I would reluctantly consider another brand If I felt that either shell gas is poor quality, or another brand is superior. I am wondering about 1fastM6's comment about using 89 instead of 87. Is it that much better?

I fill up my work van at Petro Canada because the company gives me a petro card and petro points card for work usage. I was surprised at one pump (St. Joseph Blvd. in Orleans) to use 110 litres when the manual states capacity at 101 Litres. I think we got ripped.

So vote and lets share some stories and thoughts.
[/b]

I don't like shell. I used it once in my old car and it messed things up... milage wise and powerwise. I used Petro-Canada a lot with success. Currently I use Co-op... which you don't have in your list.

But your milage numbers look similar to my V6. 500km in the city, probably 700km on the highway... aproximatly.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I realise I may have missed a few like co-op. I guess thats a local thing as I have never seen one here. I remembered irving for you east coasters. Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I use Petro Canada cause the Petropoints can be used towards Superstore PC points. I use 87 cause anything higher wouldn't serve any purpose when the car was designed for 87. Also, how do you guys get such high mileage? I calculate my car gets 11 to 13 L/100KM. Maybe I do too much city driving.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Didn't see Chevron there. Using Chevron for now at 94.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I try to stick with Petra-Can since I get the points....and their gas seems to be good. Either that or Ultramar.

I stay FAR away from Shell. No car I've ever owned really liked Shell for some reason.

I usually get 450kms in the city and 550-600 on the highway. Mines a V6 5spd-Auto Wagon

·
Registered
8 Posts
I use Petro. I wish they also take Air-Miles. I only put in 87. I get about 730-750 before the light goes on.

Before, I drive about 60% highway and 40% city. But the highway in the morning and afternoon is like driving in city. Now I drive about 40% highway and 60% city and I still get about the same 730 to 750. If I fill it up to the rim, it comes up to about 62 to 64 liters.

Once I was able to get it to go to about 810 kms before the light goes on. That's about 90% highway driving.

Oh plus I baby the car. Shift at about 2750 RPM. And the occational flooring.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Well, I was a die-hard Sunoco fan back in Ontario. Over here in BC there's no such thing... so I'm using Chevron. Nowhere near the same gas mileage and power with Chevron as I used to get with Sunoco.

I might start using PetroCan to see if they bring back some of the performance.

·
Registered
384 Posts
ya, in canada i use Esso 89...best performance for buck on my car...

in states, only BP 89...

·
Registered
542 Posts
chevron 94 octane! :seeya:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Wow those are some high Km's the ONT people are getting. I usually get about 550km before the light comes on. Although I don't do too much hwy driving. Only about 20km's to and from work.

I use Chevron 87

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
ON gas doesn't contain ethanol. Hence the fuel burns better, creates more power and lasts longer.

But hillmar... 94 octane? Why?

·
Registered
542 Posts
ON gas doesn't contain ethanol. Hence the fuel burns better, creates more power and lasts longer.

But hillmar... 94 octane? Why?
[/b]
Hey Haroon,

I was runnin 87 octane for the first couple of weeks, but putting in the higher octane gave me smoother rev's in the higher rpm ranges! hmmmm not sure, but the car didnt shake us much when I kept it at the higher rpm ranges!!! Maybe its just my car :wacko:

·
Registered
74 Posts
shell 87...their commerials on TVs are sweet...F1 race cars running around and CEO of shell talks about how good their fuel is...fine...i go w/ whoever that makes the commercial nicest :laugh:
went down states 3 days and hit about 2500kms, used some cheveron 89, no difference at all on mazda6 unlike the focus i used to owned which difference is day and night....my avg is about 550km too...arhhh...v6....u get some...u lose some...

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I use Esso most of the time to get the points and redeem for carwashes ...
[/b]
Hope thats a touchless carwash sunny the brush ones will scar your car.

Sorry to the west coasters for not adding Chevron. I havent figured out how to add it to the list. Truth is I thought chevron existed only in the states.

So I am seeing some others that put in 89 octane and say they notice a dif. anyone else have that opinion?

Also no votes for pioneer. Hmm. Back in the day I had a car that loved premium gas. I would fill it with Pioneer premium ( I think 92 octane) and then add the red bottle of octane boost. that thing made a big dif. I tried it with some of my other cars since and it wasn't the same. now gas is so expensive I havent tried it in my 6. Perhps Ill start with sunoco 89.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts