Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 3 weeks and 2500 miles, I finally saw my first 6 on the road yesterday. We were driving in opposite directions and caught each other's eye at the same time. When she realized it was a 6, her face lit up and she waved at me. She looked surprised to see another one on the road too.

I know we are a rare bunch right now, but have any of you seen other 6's in your area?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Have you seen another 6 on the road yet?'

Yes I have, but only about five in 3 months.

Even after several months it's still a nice surprise to see one on the road. Cars look different on the road compared to showrooms and 6 stacks up pretty well amongst other boring cars.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

The only other one I've seen is actually in my building...go figure....in fact I was walking around Jay Marks Mazda in Houston the day they bought it b/c I remember seeing it sold as it had aftermarket rims. (don't know to who). Thats the only one I've seen, in a city of ~3 million, but I know there are more.....

·
Registered
8 Posts

I've seen quite a few in my area. I live in a small town outside of Baltimore, and my house is located less than a mile from a mazda dealership. I have seen a few red ones, a silver one, a yellow one, and a ton of titanium greys. My neighbor who lives two houses down the street at the end of my court has a titanium grey 6s. He's also got a turquoise G35 coupe which is awesome.

·
Registered
146 Posts

I live near the factory (well, somewhat closer than most of you!) and they are pretty common around here in groups of 4-7; it is the "Million Mile" testers out tearing it up. Looks pretty funny to see them out and about; I have seen them about 2-3 times in the past three months. I have spotted about 3-4 out on the road without the manufacture's plate in addtion to that.

I suspect in the coming months they will become a *much* more common sight.

·
Registered
137 Posts

Here in Sweden you see the 6's around, but they are still quite few, but i know many are waiting and the delivery time is around June on some models here in Sweden if you order today, so i guess i'll be pretty exclusive in the 6 some months more before they start to take over the country! :)

·
Registered
44 Posts

Here in Kuwait i get to see the 6 about 2-3 times every week or so... but it's not seeing to little of it on the street that worry's me ( i'm sure this will change in time) whats really gitting on my nerve is that people around here are re-naming it Zoom-Zoom instead of a 6:(
Because i know that eventually i'll get tiered of being called an owner of a Zoom-Zoom :)

·
Registered
176 Posts

MZR23 ... don't worry ... very soon it will appear the Mazda3 (Mazda2 is already in Europe) ... so, then they will have to make the difference ;)
Lucky for us we didn't get all that aggresive commercials :zzz

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

I have seen none on the road around here, only me on my test drive of a 6i. I attribute this to two things:

1. Time of year. Terrible time for car dealers as it is. Couple that with our current economic slump, and I wouldn't expect to see many new cars at all. Oddly enough, though, I have seen a good amount of new Accords.

2. The Mazda6 is designed for a more esoteric crowd. You simply aren't going to see as many of them.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Originally posted by thezackman
 He's also got a turquoise G35 coupe which is awesome.    [/b]
Can you post some pics of this car?

·
Registered
76 Posts

I agree...not many,if any, in New York at all...cept for the one I drove at the dealer.

Clifton Park CVette...kool...I'm around the New Paltz area...a bit snowy up here right now eh...heh :hoho But yes...the Mazda6 owners will soon unite...and we WILL take over the world ::evil laugh:: Ops...sry..i get confused sometimes...j/k :sarc

-NY Mazda6

·
Registered
78 Posts

i havent seen anyone else here in vegas with a six...thats how all my friends know its me cause it seems like im the only one in this city with one...i did get mine 1 month before they were supposed to be released in the US...good to have friends in high places...

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

Someone who works on the school next to our school drives a Titanium Grey hatchback. In our neighbourhood is someone who has a silver sedan. Yesterday I saw a silver hatchback and I pass a Mazda dealer when I'm in the bus. So I see Mazda6's every day :D

But I've seen more Mazda6's on the road. Mostly sedans and a few hatchbacks. I haven't seen a SportBreak on the road yet

ps: The Mazda6 is here for sale since May or Juni 2002, the Sport (hatchback) arrived in Juli and the SportBreak in August

·
Registered
657 Posts

None over on my end of NY either. However, I'm pretty sure I'm still the only one on Staten Island to own one, if not one of two. One couple was trying to put the deal through when I picked my car up, not sure if they got one or not.

I'm unique, just like everyone else. :D

·
Registered
468 Posts

havent seen one yet...making mine known tho...pics all over the net..post here and there...got 4500+ miles on it already...live in chicago.driven to texas...and about 5 hrs into Indiana. so heh. i've been around..but havent seen another but dealer lots.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

I haven't seen a single one yet. But of course the nearest Mazda dealership is about 15 miles away. I didn't start seeing Proteges around here until six months ago.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

We have a whole bunch of dealerships near us. I see lots of new cars around here. But no '6's.

·
Registered
389 Posts

I haven't seen one yet, although i THOUGHT i saw one driving by on a parallel road to the freeway i was traveling on. Even in Los Angeles, i didn't see any, but plenty of fixed up hondas and other imports abound. Even on my test drive i didn't see any.....

·
Registered
446 Posts

Originally posted by NY Mazda6

I agree...not many,if any, in New York at all...cept for the one I drove at the dealer.  

Clifton Park CVette...kool...I'm around the New Paltz area...a bit snowy up here right now eh...heh :hoho  But yes...the Mazda6 owners will soon unite...and we WILL take over the world ::evil laugh::  Ops...sry..i get confused sometimes...j/k  :sarc

-NY Mazda6[/b]
Yeah, good to see another NYer. I saw there is someone from Binghamton and Long Island and good ol applejax isn't far in NJ. Yeah, we had two 20" plus snowstorms 9 days apart. My snow banks are 6 feet high and my mailbox is a hole in the snowbank. Ah well, at least the snowblower works.

I'm planning on going to the NY Auto Show in April - hopefully there will be a 6 hatch there for our viewing pleasure.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts