Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
......that if you leave your door open for more than a few minutes, the interior lights shut off?

Thats a small detail, but I thought it was cool feature :)

·
Registered
837 Posts
Reading Topic: Have you ever noticed....

Did not know that. I will check it out the next time I wash my car and have the doors open to let the water drip out of the doors.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Neat. But in almost every car manufactured in the last 5 years :D My old Protege also had this and my fathers Pontiac Montana.

·
Registered
231 Posts

here's another one: have you noticed that if you leave the headlights on when you shut the car off, they turn off by themselves after 30 seconds?

and another: if you forget to close a window after you shut the car off and take the key out of the ignition, you still have (i think) 30 seconds to do so (as long as you haven't opened a door).

i LOVE this car. :)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Have you ever noticed....'

Originally posted by soulbelly

here's another one:  have you noticed that if you leave the headlights on when you shut the car off, they turn off by themselves in 30 seconds?

and another:  if you forget to close a window after you shut the car off and take the key out of the ignition, you still have (i think) 30 seconds to do so (as long as you haven't opened a door).  

i LOVE this car.  :)[/b]
if it's true, i want to go to the wedding! :D

no joke, this is cool! my girlfriend use to forget the lights sometimes... i feel better knowing that know!

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

I don't think the 30-second "extra time" for closing the windows works on ours... I must test... I have forgotten it some times and tried to close unsuccesfuly, but I don't remember if I opened the door or not..

·
Registered
791 Posts

I can confirm both of these are true in the US.

Heck, since there's no other way to turn off the door lights, I'm glad they go off automatically! Otherwise my battery'd be dead.

·
Registered
67 Posts

You can't turn off the door lights with a switch? That's kind of a bummer... sometimes. :) But certainly one I can live with.

I thought I had heard that the headlights don't have an auto-off feature (somewhere in the Cons thread, I think)... did I hear wrong?

Incidentally, my Camry also has both of those features. :D

·
Registered
174 Posts

Originally posted by future6owner
Incidentally, my Camry also has both of those features. :D[/b]
Yep, in my 1994 Camry the headlights turn off as soon as you take the key out and open the door. Very convenient feature. Only downside is I'll often drive around a little bit in the morning before remembering my lights are on. :sarc

·
Registered
67 Posts

Originally posted by Count Blah

Originally posted by future6owner
Incidentally, my Camry also has both of those features. :D[/b]
Yep, in my 1994 Camry the headlights turn off as soon as you take the key out and open the door. Very convenient feature. Only downside is I'll often drive around a little bit in the morning before remembering my lights are on. :sarc
[/b][/quote]

My '86 Camry was the same way. My current one will leave the lights on when you open the door, but will turn them off automatically after 20 minutes. 'Course, same problem as you where I'd be driving around with my lights on for a while... :)

·
Registered
32 Posts

Originally posted by soulbelly

here's another one:  have you noticed that if you leave the headlights on when you shut the car off, they turn off by themselves after 30 seconds?

and another:  if you forget to close a window after you shut the car off and take the key out of the ignition, you still have (i think) 30 seconds to do so (as long as you haven't opened a door).  

i LOVE this car.  :)[/b]
my 6 has the window close option after the engine is turned off, but the moonroof cannot be shut after the engine is off and no doors opened yet. i tried, didnt work.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Speaking of little things, here's another one I found out about the hard way; if you unlock the doors with the remote, you have 30 seconds before they relock.

Imagine unlocking the doors from your apt, grabbing two arms full of heavy bags, chugging out to the parking lot only to hear the locks click and see the lights flash when youre almost there.

My Talon used to do that, so I guess I shouldnt have been surprised the 6 does it too.

·
Registered
376 Posts

well i tested and the lights go off... but not the windows... or maybe i didn't wait enough time... after 5 minutes i closed everything and got myself some coffee... :)

·
Registered
105 Posts

Huh... my 91 Accord lets me play with the windows all I want until I open a door. How's that for high-tech! :D

·
Registered
683 Posts

My parents 92 pontiac bonneville was like that...you could do whatever you wanted with all the electrical stuff in the car...radio, , windows, etc even with the key out of the ignition....until you opened a door.

·
Registered
286 Posts

Hee-hee!! My moonroof closes by itself after 3 seconds. I have to manually stop it from closing if I want to keep it open. cool feature of an aftermarket sunroof! :) Haven't tried the window thing yet though... will do it during lunch...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Have you ever noticed....

Did you know you can't lock the doors if the key is still in the ignition? So you can't lock yourself out - unless you remove the key and then leave it in the car - dumb... dumb-dumb... dumb

·
Registered
350 Posts

Originally posted by Blackbird

Tested the window thing today and wee it works![/b]
Yes it does but the lights don't turn themselves off though.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts