Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a Street Unit mount (says 2003+ and customer service stated it will fit the 2006 model) The dealership says that the mount is over 1/4" too wide and will not fit the bracket without modifying the subframe- Anyone else had problems with mounts and the 2006+ V6?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
1st problem I see with this it is the Street Unit mount and that looks like the one that might fit an 03-05 model.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Did you try lowering it in from above? On an O3 the ends of the through bushing have to slide down into a set of yokes that help align it until you can get the bolt in. See the pics in my AWR rear mount thread.

·
Registered
443 Posts
On my 03' 6s, I had the same problem. You need to force that sucker in there by spreading the two bracket flanges that the mount sits in. Its tight and actually compresses the urethane a bit when installed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i just installed a SU rear mount a week ago, its a bitch, i took vice grips and closed up the gap on the frame side, where the stock mount would slide in from the top, the su mounts polyurethane is thicker and wont allow it to go in without bending it a bit. also i had to loosen the other two mounts and had my buddy move shit around untill it lined up right. but its worth it, i don't think i'll be able to break this one

·
Registered
585 Posts
I highly recommend the AWR mount. Is was a perfect drop-in fit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts