Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have had my car for about 3 months now and I already have over 5500 miles on it. I plan on keeping the car for a few more years. So my question is; For those who have their 6, have you thought about the next car you want?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Reading Topic: Have a 6! Then what?

Hehe most definitely ~ but I obviously don't have the $$$$ for it - but I HAVE been thinking about a 350Z or a G35 Coupe ~ I love them both!

Although I still really really love my 6! But my next car probably won't be till a few more years (or possible even more than that) -_-'

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts

Geez, you're like a kid on Christmas. Ya want this cool new toy, but as soon as you get it and play for a few hours, its old hat! When I get my Mazda6, I plan on keeping it for a good 10 years. It'll be my first new car, and if i keep it in good condition and treat it right, there is no reason why i can't last a long time either. Plus I'll be paying off my med school loans, so i won't have the money for a new car... :)

·
Registered
10 Posts

I think it will be a BMW. I have seen the new 5 class and is awesome!!!, but is really an expensive car :( about 38.000 €. I have about 5-10 years to earn this money...

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

I think I'd want a CLK320, or an SLK320, both roadsters. 50K for the SLK, 45K for the CLK. Screw the M3! :D

·
Registered
131 Posts

My next car should accomodate my unborn kids.. so I'll be driving Subaru Outback or similar, X5 if I can afford it.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

See, I'd rather get married to a good woman with a good job, pull in double incomes, and have a little fun before I have kids. In an SLK32 AMG. :D

·
Registered
432 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Have a 6! Then what?'

Ive been sucked into the Mazda family again, so my next car will either be a M/S 6, if they bring it, or an RX8.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Have a 6! Then what?'

Originally posted by atom44wat

Well i have had my car for about 3 months now and I already have over 5500 miles on it.  I plan on keeping the car for a few more years.  So my question is; For those who have their 6, have you thought about the next car you want?[/b]
I can't think of any other car I'd rather have now besides the 6. However, when the money is right, I've been thinking about getting a project car, like a mid 90's MR2, or an old muscle car, or even a Delorean.

·
Registered
68 Posts

"I think it will be a BMW. I have seen the new 5 class and is awesome!!!"

The BMW I test drove was nicer than the Mazda6 and it was within my budget. The Mazda is in my driveway, though...

* The Mazda's I've owned have been very reliable.

* The BMW dealership is about an hour away. No fun if it isn't reliable.

* The BMW wasn't $10,000 to $15,000 better than the Mazda for my style of driving.

* And EVERYBODY around here that wants to impress others drives a BMW. There hasn't been another Mazda6 around here yet...

Next car? Maybe keep the 6 and add a used Miata or an RX8. Or maybe there will be some great deals on some used BMW's as the word finally gets out about the Mazda6 (and the BMW's start coming in as trade-ins).

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

Barryso: I agree with you. I love BMWs, but they've been a little lacking lately in reliability and the oh-so-important "wow" factor. I think that Mercedes is where it's at. They're reliable, incredibly fun to drive, and the styling is stylish! Don't get my wrong, BMWs are nice looking, but Mercedes just screams style!

·
Registered
526 Posts

Gott ask - If you're already thinking about your next car - are you sure you bought the right one to begin with? I LOVE my car so far. I really don't want anything else right now. Maybe a Yamaha FZ1 or Aprilia Tuono, but that's another story (and messageboard).

Future? Hmmmm....RX-8 maybe. Dreaming? Porsche Cayenne.

Mercedes scream style - that's for sure.

When their body-styles go out of style (which IMHO is all too frequently) they scream OUT of style equally well.

Very little in this world is uglier to my eyes than an old Mercedes. Like Disco, they look & seem great in the here and now, but also like Disco, they can eventually cause you to ask "WTF was I thinking?"

·
Registered
68 Posts

"I think that Mercedes is where it's at. They're reliable, incredibly fun to drive, and the styling is stylish!"

I didn't test drive the Mercedes but they are VERY pretty. It probably would have been on my test list but the "local" dealer is about an hour away. Are any of the Mercedes available with a stick?

Sadly, it is very hard for me to buy a super premium brand in this county. In this rural county the average income is so low that the best selling cars are Hundais, Daewoo's and Kia's. Having ANY new car is a big deal. Buying a BMW, Mercedes, Lincoln, Cadillac, etc. really would make you stick out like a sore thumb. Some folks do it and feel fine about it but it just sort of makes me uncomfortable.

A Mazda is a damn fine car in any circumstance but it is particularly nice around here. In this county a Mazda IS a Mercedes!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Have a 6! Then what?

Hi robgtaasc,

I work in Cumberland county and live in Salem county. Both are rural and both have pretty abysmal average incomes. But both counties are very nice places to be if you appreciate rural living and appreciate good people. This area is also very close to the Philadelphia metropolitan area so urban pleasures (art, music, etc.) are easily accessed. It is a nice place to live.

Around here folks with and without money in this area tend to dress similarly. You can't tell the well off folks from the poor folks from looking at them. Sales people in these counties won't think twice about treating you right if you're dressed in jeans since that is the basic dress code.

But if I dress that way and head into the more affluent counties it is a different story. The Lexus dealer in the next county brushed me off when I was asking about a test drive just because I didn't dress the part of a Lexus customer. Fatal mistake on his part because I could have paid cash for his car.

But he treated me as a poor person because I hadn't dressed the part of the "perfect Lexus customer". He didn't sell a car and earned a reputation from me for being an a$$#$le.

The Mazda dealer was just plain nice. Put up with me showing up several times and wanting several test drives each time I showed up. Ended up selling me a car because they were decent to deal with. Face it, if the Lexus folks were jerks before making the sale, what can you expect them to treat you like after they have your money? The Mazda folks were nice before the sale so there is a decent chance they'll be decent after the sale, too.

BTW, where are you in NJ? Rural or urban? How have you been treated at your Mazda dealer (or Lexus, Mercedes, Volvo, Lincoln, Saab, Toyota, Honda, etc)?

·
Registered
262 Posts

I'm in Monmouth county. I would say that the town where I basically grew up in was a small rural town. Nowadays, I'm up in Tinton Falls which is sort of urban I suppose. There's no particular "dress code" for entering car dealerships around here per se, but I wouldn't walk into a Lexus/BMW/Audi dealership with shorts and a wife-beater :D

The Mazda dealer I visited by me, Schwartz Mazda in Shrewsbury, was a mixed bag in terms of my experience there. The salesman I dealt with was nice, albeit a tad pushy, but the sales manager there was an absolute jerk. I was all ready to buy a Lapis Blue 6s fully loaded, but he was demanding that I put more money down than I wanted (I was offering to put $5k down and he wanted $8k). After my constant refusal to budge on my down payment, he practically assumed that I simply didn't have the money and had the nerve to say, "Well maybe we should look at something more in your price range like a Protege." I thought to myself, "Where the hell does this guy get off telling my what MY price range is simply because I wouldn't put more money down!?" At this point, I was done dealing with him and I stood up and said, "Thanks but no thanks. I'll take my business where I'm treated with more professionalism" and started to walk out. Obviously, this guy didn't take me seriously up until this point and he started stuttering trying to get me to sit back down but I was done with him.

I guess it's good that I didn't get the car since I have now decided to wait for the hatchback model. When the time comes to get it, I'll probably visit Toms River, Freehold, Brick Township, and maybe even Staten Island. Hopefully they'll be a better experience.

·
Registered
68 Posts

"There's no particular "dress code" for entering car dealerships around here per se, but I wouldn't walk into a Lexus/BMW/Audi dealership with shorts and a wife-beater :D"

I was dressed reasonably well at the time. Dress pants and shirt (no tie) and came in driving the old Lincoln Mark 8. They didn't have the car in stock that I wanted to test but one was coming in about 2 weeks so I left my info. They never called back.

I expect to be treated better from a company that claims excellent customer service so they got dropped from my list.

"Thanks but no thanks. I'll take my business where I'm treated with more professionalism"

Good for you. If you are about to drop 20+ thousand dollars on a new purchase you should be treated really, really well.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts