Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I was wondering if Mazda has released any engine specs of the hatchback for release in US. I know it won't be around for a while, but im thinking of making a deal with my dad for him to keep my 6S sedan so he can sell his Legend, in return buying me a new hatch when it comes out. Any speculation?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Reading Topic: hatchback

The US hatchback should have the same engine and tranny choices as the sedan. Pricing? Probably anywhere from $500-2000 more than the sedan.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Replying to Topic 'hatchback'

Originally posted by sooperman85

why would the hatch cost more than the sedan? that doesn't make sense to me.[/b]
Well the hatch costs $1000au more here then the sedan, must be that damn rear wiper:sarc :hoho

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

No, it must be the Karakuri-Folding-System that's making it slightly more expensive.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Itäs always like this. In sweden I belive a hatch is 3000 SEK (about 3-400 dollars) over sedan, and wagon is about 5000 SEK more then sedan.

The hatch has a much bigger trunk lid (which also reqires air-pistons to stay up); larger rear window, window wiper, cargo cover ect. The C-pillar is somewhat larger as well, so you actually get "more metal" as well. The wagon also has all these things + two side windows more, a cargo net (maybe on the hatch too?) and a lot of extra metal on the roof.

The only thing you DON'T get with the wagon and hatch is the extra key that enables you to lock the trunk, and still have access to doors and drive the car with the standard key, so you for example can have your car in the shop or something without anyone getting in to the trunk. Quite meaningless on the wagon and hatch as it's "quite" easy to get in there from inside the car anyway.

·
Registered
230 Posts

The sedan has the Karakuri folding system too - it's one of my favourite features of my car.

Unless the hatchback has more equipment than the sedan, it shouldn't cost any more than the sedan, or at very least it shouldn't cost much more.

·
Registered
205 Posts

The sedan does not have karakuri. With karakuri, the rear-bench itself lowers to create a virtually flat floor. All that is on the sedan is just a spring load mechanism to drop the rear seatbacks (the karakuri has this spring load mechanism, plus a mechanism to lower the rear-bench).

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

The Chemist: You are not used to having different body versions of cars?

Look at my above post for detials on why it's more expensive. And it's not that much of a difference anyway... Myabe 3-400 dollars...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts