Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think it would make ANY DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER if we all just inundated Mazda with requests/demands for the Hatchback in North America sooner than their scheduled Dec03/Jan04 release?? Flood them with emails and telephone calls? Talk to our local dealers and have them pass the message on to their regional/district headquarters? Maybe if it is made clear that the "want" and "demand" is there, they'll change their plans and release it in the summer 04? And if it's made clear that lots of people aren't going to buy until the Hatch IS here, so why not do it sooner?

[email protected]

Or is it just a moot point and Mazda will do it when they darn well plan to do it and that's that?

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Hatchback Mazda6'

Originally posted by mazdamarla

Do you think it would make ANY DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER if we all just inundated Mazda with requests/demands for the Hatchback in North America sooner than their scheduled Dec03/Jan04 release??  Flood them with emails and telephone calls?  Talk to our local dealers and have them pass the message on to their regional/district headquarters?  Maybe if it is made clear that the "want" and "demand" is there, they'll change their plans and release it in the summer 04?  And if it's made clear that lots of people aren't going to buy until the Hatch IS here, so why not do it sooner?  

[email protected]

Or is it just a moot point and Mazda will do it when they darn well plan to do it and that's that?[/b]
No.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Reading Topic: Hatchback Mazda6

I don't think its a moot point because look at how Mazda had turned around with the packages. This had to be because of complaints from consumers. Personally it didn't affect me because I pretty much ordered every option, but cmon, some of those packages were insane (have to get leather if you want the sunroof...cmon!) Perhaps if enough interest is shown, they may puch up the hatch release date.

The other thing to keep in mind, though, is that the hatch is a totally different vehicle. Its a lot harder to convince a car company to start producing a new vehicle than it is to modify the packages put into a currently in production vehicle.

Either way, I was originally wanting the hatch, but the sedan grew on me and if I had to make the choice again, with both vehicles available today, I would probably still take the sedan. To each their own...

·
Registered
3,392 Posts

Originally posted by stew560

The other thing to keep in mind, though, is that the hatch is a totally different vehicle. Its a lot harder to convince a car company to start producing a new vehicle than it is to modify the packages put into a currently in production vehicle.[/b]
Exactly.

·
Registered
683 Posts

A Product Launch is a well planned and thought out process, im sure there are reasons why they have picked the release date for the hatch....having to retool product lines especially in the Auto Industry happens generally in the summer when all UAW plants shut down for 2 weeks starting the week of the 4th of July. The second big time for product rollouts and changeovers is during christmas and new years, again because the plants are shut down generally for those weeks...Retooling an entire production line takes time not to mention securing the parts specific to the hatch... they have to secure thier suppliers and give them time to retool as well.

I work for borg warner automotive, we supply parts for all major auto makers here and overseas, including in my plant, parts for the Mazda Protege. All of our re-tooling and MAJOR product launches and changes usually happen in these timeframes. There are some exceptions, but its generally how it works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts