Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Upon looking at the 2821 bulbs, they are the same size/type as the LED 194's . I froogled it and came up with a bunch of sites that offer those bulbs. Take a look at your trunk light bulb and see how much clearance you have when you put the bulb in and putting on the light cover. Then you can probably have a few LEDs' to choose from if that tickles yer fancy :p.

PS: I just took a quick glance at the festoon leds (im nosy like that) and they are the long bulbs, in turn will not fit. The bulbs in our cars are all push bulbs, meaning the same as the sidemarkers and license plate bulbs. I assume that the trunk light is similar. Please correct me if I am wrong!

Good luck!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Upon looking at the 2821 bulbs, they are the same size/type as the LED 194's . I froogled it and came up with a bunch of sites that offer those bulbs. Take a look at your trunk light bulb and see how much clearance you have when you put the bulb in and putting on the light cover. Then you can probably have a few LEDs' to choose from if that tickles yer fancy :p.

PS: I just took a quick glance at the festoon leds (im nosy like that) and they are the long bulbs, in turn will not fit. The bulbs in our cars are all push bulbs, meaning the same as the sidemarkers and license plate bulbs. I assume that the trunk light is similar. Please correct me if I am wrong!

Good luck![/b]
Actually, in the hatchback, it's a "Festoon" type/style light bulb. I just opened the cover and it says "A12V5W" on it and that's all.

Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
http://www.superbrightleds.com/festoon.html

I'm 99% sure it's the 31mm bulb from the link you listed above. I know its an extremely short bulb and I had it written down once, but can't find it now. Do some searching, because I know I found it at one time.

-Nik[/b]
After my researching yesterday, that's the same conclusion I came up with.

Thanks for your help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts