Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I just got registered. Anyways my girlfriend just got a mazda tribute and ever since they have sent us the mazda magazine. Well in it they have an article on the mazda 6, it talks about alot of the stuff that you can find on there site but then it says that they plan on releasing the hatchback and wagon in the summer of 2003. Just thought I would share the information.

J

P.S. Sorry if there are some misspelled words I am in a hurry.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Hatchback coming around summer 2003!!!'

Thank friggin lordy for that. Any word on a Mazdaspeed version in that info packet?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I dont know why everyone is complaining that they only want the hatchback and not the sedan. Is there really that big of a difference? Sure its got a bigger trunk but who cares. After changing the sedans bumpers on the japanese mazda website by clicking the buttons that I have no idea what they say. I've come to the conclusion that the sport and sedan are very similar. Also, after seeing what the new 2003 accord looks like I am sure I will be leasing a new mazda 6 sedan when it comes out. Honda claims that the new accord is a "sport sedan". They need to take a look at the new mazda 6 before they make a claim like that. So far i've owned 2 mazdas and when people talk about concerns about reliability on mazdas I laugh. I had a older 94 mazda hatchback that ran me to 230,000 miles before I gave it up for a new 99' 626. The new 626 has ran me to 70,000 miles with no problems so far. I wanted to trade it in for a more sporty car however. The mazda 6 is just what I was looking for. MAZDA RULES

If you wanna check out that Japanese web site and mess around the link is here.
Tell me that this doesnt look similar to the sport:):p :D

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Personally for me it's not so much the look as the utility (combined with the look! :p ). I work in IT and often have to lug equipment around. A sedan could work most of the time, but the added flexibility of the hatchback is really nice. I currently drive a Subaru Forester and it works nicely but I want something a little sportier. The hatchback is a perfect compromise for me because most of the time I don't need the full space, but I have bulky objects that might require the seats to be folded down. The karakuri seats are a VERY nice innovation.

·
Registered
305 Posts

Yep. The hatch has the looks and the utility.

We have a Saab 9-3 hatchback and a Miata. There have been times we've carried stuff in the Saab that we could have never gotten into a four-door with a conventional trunk.

Plus the lines on the Mazda6 hatchback are just MUCH more pleasing. And along with Mazda reliability, hatch utility, and the supposition that the 6 will have at least some of my Miata's "Zoom Zoom" handling, looks are a part of it too. It's the whole package.

C'mon, Mazda. Retool that line and do the hatch first. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts

The Sport/Hatchback is allready at our dealers :D. Looks very, very nice. But it was Sunday, so the showroom was closed, so I couldn't see it real good. Al the 6es looked at me with there noses. But the sedan and hatch looks very the same, but the Sport has a more powerfull and sporty look

·
Registered
305 Posts

Matt,

Hmm... My wife's family is originally from The Netherlands, about 75 years ago. I wonder if we could move back? :)

Denny, stuck in the USA sans Sport 6

1 - 8 of 8 Posts