Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like sooooooooo many others on this board im waiting for the 6 Hatch, I know others are waiting for the wagon. In other markets for a similarly equipped car (same options, engine, etc) what is the price difference between the three models? Obviously this will be for the 4cyl version..

:)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Hatch vs Sedan Vs Wagon'

In the UK, The prices for the 4 doors and the 5 doors are the same, but the Wagon is about 500GBP more expensive. These are bsased on all having the same spec, (engines, trim, ICE etc......)

·
Registered
105 Posts

When the hatch gets over here, I've heard rumors that it'll be $1000 over the sedan... not sure about the wagon. I just hope that when some of the little extras that we haven't gotten yet finally find their way to the US, it won't seriously jack up the price of the 6. I'm gonna have to look to my parents for the down payment of the car, so too high of a price might make me have to settle for another car. :(

·
Registered
231 Posts
Reading Topic: Hatch vs Sedan Vs Wagon

I'll be honest you can barely tell them apart in the flesh... no metal... and the hatch is $1000 more here in Australia.

I thought I liked the hatch alot more at first but once you see them the difference is pretty small.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

$1000 more? youch. And does it come with anything standard the sedan doesnt? I cant Imagine them charging more for the Hatch here in the states...as with Hatch being a dirty word it would make them even harder to sell.

·
Registered
446 Posts

solarbear - It can be tough to tell them apart but some of us, myself included, aren't waiting for the hatch just for looks - the utility alone is worth it. I'd be leaving my Pathfinder for the 6 hatch.

Fuzzbear - I agree, so far there is such a small market for hatches in the US I'd be surprised to see it selling for more than the sedan.

·
Registered
262 Posts

The difference between the hatch and sedan is very noticeable, at least to me.

As for the hatch being more money, I would expect it to be, regardless of whether or not the market is small (which apparently for the 6 hatch, it's huge);

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Yeah, it seems that the 6 hatch has more interested buyers in the US than the sedan has. Perhaps it's a design thing. Personally I like the hatch better, so I chose that. But the sedan is hot-a-h too.

I think in the end, it's the versatility that counts.

·
Registered
315 Posts

The hatch is nice looking and adds a look of sport to the 6. But, the 6 in sport package is my choice as the best proportioned.

The problem I have with hatchbacks is the interior noise. My last 2 vehicles were both hatchbacks and both have too much road and tire noise plus additional creaks in the winter due to the hatch.
It's a body rigidity issue with me. It's very slight but I can feel the difference between sedans and hatchs. In my Eclipse GT which is a hatchback, I added a rear strut tower brace. It made a distinct difference as it added back some of the rigidity lost from the hatch door.

I want something that's quieter on long tours. Of course, I say this in generality as I have not driven the 6 hatch. Can some of you who have driven both comment on the the interior noise volume of the hatch and sedan?

Tome

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

I have driven both. The noise is definitely higher in the hatch. But it's so little that it isn't a problem. At least not from the road/tyres.

But if you have a lot of things lying around, bouncing, in the trunk - that gives more sound in the hatch than in the sedan.

I must tell you that the rigidity of the 6 platform is extreme. There is usually a noticable difference between the hatch and the sedan. But I can feel none.

·
Registered
45 Posts

let's pretend like we all aren't dying for the hatchback, so they don't hike prices up....but then they won't even bring it here to N.A....damn heh.

·
Registered
231 Posts

Originally posted by Fuzzbear

$1000 more? youch. And does it come with anything standard the sedan doesnt? I cant Imagine them charging more for the Hatch here in the states...as with Hatch being a dirty word it would make them even harder to sell.  [/b]
No. Just the gaping maw of a hatch opening.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts