Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's really the difference aside from the way the trunk opens?

I was under the impression that they had different stances. Hatch was wider. But the hatch is the same width, wheelbase and length. So what's the benefit? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Hatch vs. Sedan question'

You get a much much larger opening to the trunk = easier to load. I guess you'l get addinoal storage hight as well.

E

·
0 Posts

As part of the Karikuri seat folding system the respective parts of the rear bench drops to form a flat floor. On the sedan only the backrest folds forward.

Also, in my opinion the hatchback looks better. I have one, most people comment that they like the shape, I have even had someone ask if it is a hatchback!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Yeah but I'm not talking about asthetic differences. I think it looks better as well, but that's just opinion. I was looking for differences that would somehow affect handling, etc. or any options that you can get on the hatch that's not available on the sedan.

E

·
0 Posts

The Hatchback is slightly heavier due to the rear bulkhead structure being moved elsewhere. The performance differences in benchmark times e.g. 0-62 mph, are a couple off tenths. Handling, you would have to be a motoring correspondent or race driver to detect any decernable difference.

As far as the UK is concerned there are no options or accessories specific to either body type.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Hatch:

* Bigger opening
* High brake light integrated in the rear (not placed in window)
* removable shelf
* Karakuri (with seats that fold down a bit)
* Heavier
* ...and thus slower
* Rear speakers in the doors
* Center rear seatbelt mounted on C-pillar
* Rings for tieing cargo in the trunk (useful stuff!)
* Better looking!

...well, that's roughly about it!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

ok thanks.

I was just wondering if it's worth waiting another year for. I think the sedan will fit the bill quite nicely :D

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by Kincaid

ok thanks.

I was just wondering if it's worth waiting another year for. I think the sedan will fit the bill quite nicely :D[/b]
It would have for me too if it wasn't for that stroller...:sarc

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

That's not a difference!

According to Einstein, time is relative! (Thus now is then and then is now...)

Erm...anyway, take it cool. Six months is nothing! (I've been waiting for three months now. And three more weeks are almost killing me, so I know I'm WAY out of line here, but I thought you needed som comforting...)

:D

·
Registered
96 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

That's not a difference!

According to Einstein, time is relative! (Thus now is then and then is now...)

Erm...anyway, take it cool. Six months is nothing! (I've been waiting for three months now. And three more weeks are almost killing me, so I know I'm WAY out of line here, but I thought you needed som comforting...)

:D[/b]
I have 2 wait another 3 months.. how do you cope??

·
Registered
350 Posts

My car are coming with the ship 10th or 20th of February to Gotthenburg Sweden I havent yet found a comb with that many pins, it's awful to wait :(

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Or a small cuddly hedgehog :D THEY have many many pins..

Ohh noo /me is evil - don't harm those cute bastards :D

·
Registered
211 Posts

hmm...but can't u add like sideskirts and bumper (moldings) <--- is that what they're called?....to the car to make a sedan look like the stock hatchback??.....:)

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Think you got that wrong there Genius :D

Both come without it. It's the Sport package, well GT package here, that adds bodykit and such.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

Someone wanted a Mazda6 SportBreak CiTD, but then he had to wait for 5 months!! That is just too long..now I bought a Renault Laguna Grand Tour Dci..

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Mazda's problem right now is that the demand for the Mazda6 has rocketed out through the roofs and up to the sky. Fun, but difficult at the same time. There is only so much slack in the production lines that they can use. When all machines go 24-7 then there's nothing more to give.

Remember that Mazda for the reason of saving money has closed a big plant in Japan just the other year.

So...it's a really good suggestion if you want to buy a Mazda6 - order it as soon as possible. Especially if you wait until the car is released. A week of hesitation could cost you a month when it comes to delivery time...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts