Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just stumbled upon a 2007 hatch that’s being stripped down for parts and am wondering if the tails from that will fit my 2004 wagon.

·
Administrator
8,407 Posts
Unfortunately, no.

The taillamp units for the wagon are different than what was used for the sedan and 5-door (or hatch).

·
Rally Racer
1,973 Posts
@DrFeelGood traded a set with a fellow from aussie land as the wagons are more common there. It afforded him a dedicated amber turn signal and the more updated clear lens styling.
Thanks for the mention @waughoo, yeah my issue was not being seen when I was indicating to change lanes frequently from behind but regularly from the side. My solution was to add a set of side fender-mount turn indicators from a Mazda 3 and dedicated amber rear turn signals. This has dramatically changed my on-road driving experience and I feel has made driving in general much safer.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's quite unfortunate; I think these would have looked great on my black wagon.

Attachments

·
Registered
941 Posts
Thanks for the mention @waughoo, yeah my issue was not being seen when I was indicating to change lanes frequently from behind but regularly from the side. My solution was to add a set of side fender-mount turn indicators from a Mazda 3 and dedicated amber rear turn signals. This has dramatically changed my on-road driving experience and I feel has made driving in general much safer.

I find that when I change lanes I downshift and my car is so loud it makes people see me, lol.

·
Rally Racer
1,973 Posts
That's quite unfortunate; I think these would have looked great on my black wagon.

Agreed. There is an option for you. I believe Mazda produced at least three options for the wagon overseas. They only offered one of them in the US market as a dealer option.
I think you'll like the black ones.

I believe the following may be the part numbers you seek:
G21C-51-3F0A

G21C-51-3G0A

G21C-51-3J0A

G21C-51-150B

https://partsouq.com/es/catalog/genuine/parts?c=Mazda&ssd=%24BQEBcgJKQ1tddGk0Oj5rAGNqbWxrB1tVTwsGSlNAc0BINCVOZgdWRmdde3wZClg%24&vid=1416863009&gid=12771&q=GY3W100695

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@DrFeelGood, are we entering the part of our program when I have to start spending crazy money on stuff after having gotten the vast majority of my mod parts for free or close to it??

·
Rally Racer
1,973 Posts
@DrFeelGood, are we entering the part of our program when I have to start spending crazy money on stuff after having gotten the vast majority of my mod parts for free or close to it??

Indeed it appears so. It is the slippery slope of justification where you state "I suppose I can pay x amount since I got most of the rest for nearly free". Oh you want those lights sooo bad....

If you do get a set be advised that the plug on the turn signal (I believe) is different. An easy re-pin but the stock USDM doesn't fit.

USDM vs JDM rear wagon turn indicator plug difference

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There are a couple of wagons for sale locally by private individuals, an ‘06 and an ‘07. They’re both selling the entire car for parts, but not parting them out.

I’ve reached out to both of them asking if they’d be willing (for a fee of course) to swap tail lights with me. Both cars have the black variant which is obviously my preference & with a little luck, maybe I’ll catch one of them in a good mood...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just realized I never circled back to close out this thread (though I did post elsewhere). I found a set of 2006 USDM black wagon tails locally a couple of weeks ago that were exactly what I had been looking for. I think they're a vast improvement over the original red ones and were 100% plug & play.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts