Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Rally Racer
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried putting rear seats from a wagon into a hatch (or vice versa)? I may have a lead a on tan leather interior to replace my cloth wagon seats and it would be nice to know going in if they are interchangeable. Two fronts, rear bench and back, center armrest and 4 door cards.

On a side not (probably worth its own thread) if I find airbag seats (from the same series, 03-05), can I plug them into existing wiring and have them operate (along with the controller and all the pillar/roof equipment)?

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Not sure on the air bags, but I hear that the heated seats and electric adjust can be had with just installing the center consol with heated seat switches (assuming the new seats have heat pads). The wiring is already there.

My two cents on the rear seats is yes when going from hatch to wagon (or vice versa) but no on sedan to wagon or hatch, but I don't have the for sure answer.

·
Rally Racer
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure on the air bags, but I hear that the heated seats and electric adjust can be had with just installing the center consol with heated seat switches (assuming the new seats have heat pads). The wiring is already there.

My two cents on the rear seats is yes when going from hatch to wagon (or vice versa) but no on sedan to wagon or hatch, but I don't have the for sure answer.
I am inclined to agree with you.

Ps... exciting!!! Do the door cards just come with the seats as an interior package or are they different in some meaningful way?

The paneling is leather lined as opposed to cloth.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Oh... yeah. Forgot about the difference of the cloth bits in the doors. Those two changes would make for quite an improvement over your cloth interior and make the tan almost bearable (I actually like the brightness of the tan, but cloth would be hard to work with).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts