Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will the hatch be available to canadians? or it's only the sedan and the wagon are available to canadians this january?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Replying to Topic 'hatch or sedan?'

Only the Sedan will be available to Canadian in January. The Wagon and the Hatch will come 9-12 months after.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

thanx, i think it's better to wait for the hatch then :( sigh... 9-12 months of waiting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

lol, i know what you mean cuz the hatch is so much better looking...i'm sure it'll zoom zoom me a lot of hot chicks :D

·
Registered
391 Posts

But the thing is that here in Canada, the sedan has a sporty look too. The only big difference is that the window is bigger and goes a little longer on the rear of the car on the Hatch.

·
Registered
391 Posts

Atenza88, where are you from?

You know, I did go at my Mazda dealer today and they received the color book for the interior and exterior of the Mazda 6. I think I'll took the silver one with black leather.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

hm...gonna think about it....it's such a hard choice...sedan or hatch?
well, i'm gonna wait...i just sent an email to mazda.ca asking them about the hatch.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Do the wagon and hatch come standard with the sport package. In all the photos I've seen, I think that the only model I saw without the sport package was the sedan.

This may be similar to the Protege, Protege 5 approach.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Mazdas add-cars have the sport package. The one you buy in most countries doesn't have it. At least in Sweden, the Sport model doesn't have sideskirts ect. The wagon and I thinkt the hatch has the wing though. Not sure about the sedan. The dealers test sedans I have seen hadn't any wing, but the wagon in the showroom didn't have it either as I think of it, but it had it on delivery.

·
Registered
82 Posts

Does anyone know about pricing of the Hatchback? I.E. More or less than the Sedan...the waiting is killing me too friends!!! :(

·
Registered
514 Posts

I just don't get what the physicall allure is of the hatch... i mean, I can see the functional benefits... but sedans are far more attractive IMO and road noise is generally less, too.

Any opinions from hatch-lovers are appreciated,
-Alt

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Okay, here's one.

1. I agree that generally speaking, sedans look better. Not applies to the 6 though, where I must admit the hatch has the more powerful stance. Note that the 6 hatch is designed like a sport, though. Some car makers (Opel with the new Vectra for example) refer to cars with this kind of designs as SportSedans even though they are actually hatches...
2. The functionality of the large opening is a huge benefit compared to the letterbox sized opening of a sedan's trunk. What's the use of a big trunk if you cannot get anything in there??
3. There are other benefits also - you can "camp" in a hatch, using the foldable backseats + trunk as a bed.
4. Did I mention the 6 hatch looks better?:D

·
Registered
514 Posts

That's what I'm saying though... I can see how the hatch is *functionally* a better model to have... but as far as form goes, I think the sedan is a *far* better looking car.

-Alt

·
Registered
82 Posts

I think I've finally talked myself into like the Sedan more....

1) The kinda looks too bubbly like a station wagon...which I don't care how popular it gets in Europe, I anot getting one

2) I have a 93 probe GT, yes its 10 years old, so maybe its expected...but the Hatch creeks..alot and the hydraulic lifts don't really work in the cold anymore, I hold the hatch up with my head

3) The sedan is roughly 30lbs lighter according to tech specs and we all know the rule of thumb... 10lbs = 1 horse

4) Lastly from all that I've read the damn thing won't be here to 2004, so get those spring and late 2003 dreams out of your head...it was a delusional idead i believed for awhile too

Now repeat these 4 reasons as you sign on the dotted line for you new M6 sedan :cheers

my poll so far

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

I'm holding out for the Navigation system too. I'm in no particular rush, my car runs fine and and I'm happy with it so I'll only get a new one when it's exactly what I want. If I have to wait a year and a half then I can do that. I know that a lot of people here may need to get a car soon, though, and it stinks you guys don't really get a choice between the body styles.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts