Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Yeah, they didn't work. I got a refund yesterday. I've called a few places and no one has the Monroe anymore. I'm going to switch to another brand. I'll keep you updated

Update: I just broke down and bought them from the dealer. I'm tired of getting the wrong size and defective products $48

·
Registered
698 Posts
This is the point where a sedan guy comes in and says "nanny nanny boo boo!"

Haha. Jk you guys. Hey would you look at that its time to replace my wiper blades... Better go buy 2 brand new blades.....

Again... Just yanking ya guys....

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
That sucks - the Monroes I ordered from Amazon work great (even below freezing.) I even had to put a padding strip on my garage door because the spoiler now hits the (open) garage door. They must have had a bad batch or something.
My monroe's work perfectly as well. Still going strong, simple to replace.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Just put in a order for mine. It about time the montana winters were not very friendly on mine, luckily Im in cali no so its not to bad but its finally time to replace. I bought the last 2 from amazon hopefully i dont get a bad set.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Don't understsand why nobody local (NY) has or can even get lift cylinders for the hatch. NAPA told me to go th the dealer. There's a very large distributor here who does business with Monroe and even he had no listing. Maybe they didn't build many 5 doors. Also car was last produced 7 years ago.
The Monroes are still fine. Unbelievable how nice it is not having the deck fall on you all the time. I should have broken down and done it long ago. Thanks for the encouragement.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got around to replacing mine. The hatch has been falling for a long time now, especially in cold weather. The best price I found was at rockauto. I got the Monroes, which were the cheapest, followed by Sachs for about $1.50 more. Total for two shipped was $33.07. They also had AMS and Kilen brands, which were significantly more expensive.

Install was pretty simple:
* Use something to hold the hatch up while you work
* Use a small flat-head screwdriver to remove the cylindrical metal clips from both ends of each old lift support
* Use something (e.g. a screwdriver or small crowbar) to pry off the old lift supports with the hatch fully open
* Open wide and snap in the new ones - I was able to do it easily without tools

The Monroe supports don't seem as sturdy as the OEM ones - they wiggle more when I shake them in the middle - but the hatch stays up now. Actually the force opens the hatch on its own after about a third of the way up. It's been so long that I'd forgotten that's how it worked.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts