Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://autolumination.com/194.htm

Scroll down about half way down the page to "194 Inverted Lenses". I am looking to get them in Super White to try and match with the PIAA Xtreme White H1's and H3's I am getting.

I searched and couldn't really come up with anything other than people mentioning them here and there. Any help is great appreciated!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I got em. I have the white inverted 194 LEDs in my parking light.

I wanted to keep the halo effect so I got these to match my sidemarkers. Since they are only 1 LED, they are not bright at all but are exactly what I wanted. When you have your headlights on though, you cannot see them at all because they are not bright. They are only visible at dusk and are not bright enough to be visible during the day. They are NOT pure white and give off a slight blue hue though.

Ill post a picture later.

I bought these with the same idea you were doing. I got matching sidemarkers and parking lights and I have been looking through which H1 and H3 headlights I want to get.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I got em. I have the white inverted 194 LEDs in my parking light.

I wanted to keep the halo effect so I got these to match my sidemarkers. Since they are only 1 LED, they are not bright at all but are exactly what I wanted. When you have your headlights on though, you cannot see them at all because they are not bright. They are only visible at dusk and are not bright enough to be visible during the day. They are NOT pure white and give off a slight blue hue though.

Ill post a picture later.

I bought these with the same idea you were doing. I got matching sidemarkers and parking lights and I have been looking through which H1 and H3 headlights I want to get. [/b]
agreed: I bought a pair of the 1-led inverted bulbs and they do give the "halo" effect that a regular incandescent bulb does, but they're much dimmer than the regular 2825 bulb in the parking lights.

FYI, that IS the correct number for the parking light bulb, 2825 and not 194. The 2825's are just a bit brighter. You might never notice it until you look at them side by side and you'll see the 194 isnt quite as bright. 2825's are a little harder to find, but I've gotten them at Advance Auto.

·
Registered
978 Posts
just started to get the blinking led in my parking light after about 5 months. i'm using the 6-led from superbrights, so guess it's time to switch. I saw some led's on autoilumination that are supposed to be more resistant to heat issues, but they want like 10 bucks apiece. anyone try these to see if they work? I've heard these bulbs lean a bit more on the purplish (where the superbrights are more blue). I'd rather have true white like my low beams, so I may just try the piaa's if I can get them for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Im going to try some phillips bright white bulbs, not leds to see how bright they are. I heard the PIAA super white or xtreme whites are white without the blue hue. I cannot confirm this cuz I dun have them so dont take my word on it! :p
[/b]
link to said piaa bulbs? i'm a HUGE believer in PIAA bulbs at this point so do share :D

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
hmmm IMO, the polarg hybrid 194 matches the best with my 5000K 85122+ philips bulbs (colormatched bulb)

·
Registered
2,892 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
i shall. i ordered them last night around midnight so i'm hoping they ship today via 3 day so i'll have em' this week.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Pics

The first 3 show the color of the inverted LEDs and white sidemarkers.

The last pic compares the color to the STOCK headlights. As you can see, its not a PURE white, it does have a slight bluish hue to it. Also, the inverted LEDs are only visible at night or at dusk when there is little or no light. They are not bright at all, which is what I wanted for parking lights.

I need to get new headlights.....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
yes if you look in my thread i started today about another type of 194 bulb you'll see i'm in for the blue look lol. the one's i have now are temporary though as my piaa's will be here this week.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts

holy crap! $24 bucks for a pair of 194-type LED bulbs??

It must be that "electron resistor" I hope they work great for that price.

My concern as with most of the LED type bulbs is that you loose the nice (IMO) halo effect that the stock incandescent bulbs give in the reflector. I've tried a couple different types of LED bulbs and they all give out a very point-of-light type of beam that just doesn't look right. The only ones that gave out the nice halo effect were the inverted ones but they were only a single LED and were very dim by comparison to the stock incandescent bulbs.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
holy crap! $24 bucks for a pair of 194-type LED bulbs??

It must be that "electron resistor" I hope they work great for that price.

My concern as with most of the LED type bulbs is that you loose the nice (IMO) halo effect that the stock incandescent bulbs give in the reflector. I've tried a couple different types of LED bulbs and they all give out a very point-of-light type of beam that just doesn't look right. The only ones that gave out the nice halo effect were the inverted ones but they were only a single LED and were very dim by comparison to the stock incandescent bulbs.
[/b]

There's good info about the LEDS that explain this here under this heading : Brightness of LED Car Bulbs

PIAA is the leader in lighting ; hence the price ... you pay for quality .... I own Super Whites on my Cobra .... they are supreme after HID

I think these Wedge Bulbs would be a better alternative for the Halo look of incadescents to match an HID kit (in my future mod plans) accompanied next to with these PIAA 8000K H3 for the fogs

I'd like to know what you think of these Japan-imported PIAA 8000K H1 .... I'm pretty sure the HID kit would surpass'em in light output still , would you think as well ? I plan on going with the 55w HID kit so ....

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
i'm thinking 1 own 2 pairs of H1 PIAA Spark 8000k's ;). They have a real 8000k color output and IMO are brighter than stock but not HID 55w bright.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts