Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m thinking about doing it in the future when my build is closer to completion.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
659 Posts
I did and I lost to that white car. It's no wonder since that was my second time. I kept on making mistakes around the corners. I even went "outside" the track twice!

My son said he was so ashamed of me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It's a pretty fun car to track, and with not so much power, it's a momentum car and carrying good speed through a corner is all the more important. My car was mostly stock. The few mods I had are listed below.

The main concerns I had were the single piston brakes on the front, so I have with upgraded Powerstop Z23 pads and rotors, and there was zero fade on the track itself. Did 4x 30 min sessions each track day. Used TYP200 Dot4 fluid, and at the end of each track the day the pedal was mushy when driving home, so I drained old fluid out of the lines after the track days. The rest of the fluid in the reservoir was still clear. My slotted rotors eat brake pads like crazy on the track, and because of the single piston, the inner brake pad (which you can't see unless you take off your tire) wears out significantly faster than the outer, so make sure to check that and not the outer one. I wear through a full set of front pads on each track day, but they aren't too expensive to replace via RockAuto. Rear pads still have plenty of life. Have a Tanabe Medalion axle back exhaust, and there's a bit of darkening of the metal from the track days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts