Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the posts of dealers with numerous cars sitting stagnant on their lots I would expect to see some commercials on tv.

Perhaps I don't watch enough tv but it would be kind of fun to see a commercial of a speed6.

Although, keeping the sleeper sleeping isn't such a bad idea...

·
Registered
294 Posts
I've seen one. Well, it actually was about the Mazda6, but it featured the Mazdaspeed6. It was the same Velocity Red one that all the testers got, and it showed it blowing by the regular Mazda6.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I'm dumbfounded that Mazda isn't marketing this car more. In the Honda/Acura crowd, less than half the people I've talked to knew what it was, or what it's capable of.

I guess we'll have to wait until it's in the next version of Grand Turismo or Forza Motorsports.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Perhaps I don't watch enough tv[/b]
bingo!

man shops for bicycle helmet. man purchases bicycle helmet. man puts bicycle helmet on dog. dog (with helmet on head) leans head out the window while man drives mazdaspeed6. zoom zoom zoom song ensues. totally gay.

i think no commercial would have been better. vw commercials on the other hand...... :laugh:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i've seen the one with the dog & bicycles quite a few times. i'm in GA. i've yet to see another speed6 on the road, and i'm okay with that.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I'm dumbfounded that Mazda isn't marketing this car more. In the Honda/Acura crowd, less than half the people I've talked to knew what it was, or what it's capable of.

I guess we'll have to wait until it's in the next version of Grand Turismo or Forza Motorsports.
[/b]
I believe the Mazdaspeed6 is in Gran Turismo 4, listed as a 2005.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have seen the TV commercial with the regular 6, Wagon and Sports in a parallel line running through the hill and they added the MS6 at the back as an introduction to the 6 line up. It's all computer animation.

Funny i had a cute girl who asked me what kind of car it was in the parkade the other day, she said she has often seen them on the road but couldn't find or figure out what it was on the net. I m like..."U have often seen them on the road?" I doubt it..lol cos i have only seen them twice on the road myself. So i said THIS ONE IS a MS6..and pointed out that's a wagon parked across from me. She was like.."oh..MS6..?" Now that's a sleeper story!

·
Registered
382 Posts
I believe the Mazdaspeed6 is in Gran Turismo 4, listed as a 2005.
[/b]
quite correct

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
I'm desperately searching for this TV spot. Anybody somehow have it? I can't even find it on YouTube.
There was also a video on Mazda's website back in 2006 or 2007, of a race car driver blasting people around a race track in a Speed6. It was sweet! But, I've never seen it again, after it was removed from their site...

·
Registered
5,341 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Man, somebody is bored today. :)

I've been trying to find that damn commercial with the dog with the retarded helmet also, I think they burned the tape of that thing.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
LOL! There's literally nothing going on at work today. I've been pouring over 3 year old threads, just for shits and giggles. I've been on the hunt for these two videos for like 2 years. I think they really did burn them. I guess they want to forget about the MS6. lmao!

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
LOL! There's literally nothing going on at work today. I've been pouring over 3 year old threads, just for shits and giggles. I've been on the hunt for these two videos for like 2 years. I think they really did burn them. I guess they want to forget about the MS6. lmao!
That commercial needs to be found. IIRC, the speed6 on the track was a BCM? Man, now that you mentioned that commercial I have been searching for hours. DAMN IT!

Prb used kingsford to burn that damn tape too, ugh.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Where I live they started running an ad on tv for the click it or ticket campaign. A silver Mazdaspeed 6 is one of the cars that got pulled over. That's the only time besides the Top Gear episode I have seen a Speed 6 on Tv.

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
Well, since this thread is back from the dead like a zombie,
Here's one of my favorite old Speed6 commercials....

·
Registered
297 Posts
Oh, where did you get that clip? Definitely too long to be a commercial, so I'm guessing it's a press video master clip or something like that.

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
just stumbled on it wasting time on YouTube a few years ago. I put a copy on my YouTube account, got pestered about copyright and it stopped working. Looked at some other stuff on my account the other day & noticed it had started working again.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
17 Participants
backroad101
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing