Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found these on EBAY....has anyone bought these and put them on? Rear bumper reflector with LED from Ebay

These would look sooooo cool on our 6's, but wow, the price on them. I love the white part on it during the day time. Gives it a unique look to them. I don't want to do the light mod for the reflector that other people have done before.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
You could do it yourself much cheaper.

·
Registered
381 Posts
so it is part reflector and part led light?

you could DIY much cheaper, remove yours, drill a hole, put a led in it, seal it with some silicone, and even wire it up to your signals. all that for less than $2 from radio shack.

(I thought about doing this already)

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I found these on EBAY....has anyone bought these and put them on? Rear bumper reflector with LED from Ebay

These would look sooooo cool on our 6's, but wow, the price on them. I love the white part on it during the day time. Gives it a unique look to them. I don't want to do the light mod for the reflector that other people have done before.
[/b]

Yes.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I took a few picture's of the reflectors I have the tinted pair not the one's in the first post. I love them and that's what matter's. :D

The one's that look clear are taken with a flash, true reflectors.

·
Registered
147 Posts
beatiful car man. The rear reflector are different than the ones on ebay where did you get yours?

You custom made it?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
beatiful car man. The rear reflector are different than the ones on ebay where did you get yours?

You custom made it?
[/b]
I got them from ebay seller Speedline International, after I purchased the reflector's I requested the tinted pair when I sent the payment.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I did my own modification on the stock reflectors.
I used a Dremel with a micro saw to cut the grey backing off the reflector,and used 1/8" weather seal material around the inner lip of the reflector to make it more water tight.
As for lighing it up, I'm using a Festoon Base LED bulb from superbrightleds.com
It lights up almost the whole reflector, not just a portion of it. It would be nice if I could get clear lenses for them, though.

---Aloha

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I did my own modification on the stock reflectors.
I used a Dremel with a micro saw to cut the grey backing off the reflector,and used 1/8" weather seal material around the inner lip of the reflector to make it more water tight.
As for lighing it up, I'm using a Festoon Base LED bulb from superbrightleds.com
It lights up almost the whole reflector, not just a portion of it. It would be nice if I could get clear lenses for them, though.

---Aloha
[/b]
The tinted do light up with red 3 LED's on the tips, I just don't have them hooked up.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The tinted do light up with red 3 LED's on the tips, I just don't have them hooked up.

[/b]
I don't see them on their website. How much did u pay for them? :drool:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts