Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep seeing the portable GPS navigation screens for $400-$500 and was wondering if anyone has tried putting one in our Mazda6's center compartment. Not sure if there is one out there that would but I want to try and find out.

Something like these / GPS

·
Registered
399 Posts
A portable unit will sit in there just fine. The top of the compartment door is plastic and the GPS antenna can see right through it.

I am happy with my portable GPS and being able to take it from one vehicle to another is a real perk.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A portable unit will sit in there just fine. The top of the compartment door is plastic and the GPS antenna can see right through it.
[/b]

Does anyone know what model will fit perfectlly or close to, in a 6 compartment?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Does anyone know what model will fit perfectlly or close to, in a 6 compartment?
[/b]

i was looking into the tomtom one because of its slim design. havn't put too much thought into it though. how are you planning on putting it in the map box?

·
Registered
867 Posts
yes I'm interested in this since I'm getting a GPS system. Looking at Magellan Roadmate 800, wondering how to mount it in there rather than windshield.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts