Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering if anyone out there has a lowered Mazda 6 and maybe a picture or 2 of how it looks

·
Registered
625 Posts

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Lowered my 05 hatch on Mazdaspeed lowering hatch/wagon springs (not the springs for a Mazdaspeed 6). I'd have to dig for pictures as I don't keep them on my phone any more.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey Blue Devil are you from my area? I also got my mazda from akron. I couldnt find ur pics but im.new to this forum. Do you have rims also? I put 18s on mine but they have to much tire, 245/40/18.. so I was gunna put 205/35/18 and do a 2inch drop. Any thoughts

·
Registered
94 Posts
My Mazdaspeed 6 was lowered when I bought it. H&R lowering springs on stock shocks. It looked nice and handled well, but I hated it since it felt like crap and I was scraping on everything, especially if I had passengers. I replaced it recently with stock springs and Bilstein shocks/struts.

mazdaspeed 6.jpg

·
Super Moderator
16,953 Posts
Tons of people have lowered their 6 on here and it all depends on what you're looking for.

Some springs will drop you between 1 and 1.5 inches, some will do between 1.5 and 2.5, or you could go coil overs and adjust it based on your needs.

Some guys have even bagged their 1st gens so they can be on the ground whenever they want to.

Just be mindful of how low you go and if your wheels will clear your fenders. You go low enough and you may end up having to roll your fenders out so they aren't in the way.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Mazdaspeed 6 was lowered when I bought it. H&R lowering springs on stock shocks. It looked nice and handled well, but I hated it since it felt like crap and I was scraping on everything, especially if I had passengers. I replaced it recently with stock springs and Bilstein shocks/struts.

View attachment 239222
What size wheels was on it?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tons of people have lowered their 6 on here and it all depends on what you're looking for.

Some springs will drop you between 1 and 1.5 inches, some will do between 1.5 and 2.5, or you could go coil overs and adjust it based on your needs.

Some guys have even bagged their 1st gens so they can be on the ground whenever they want to.

Just be mindful of how low you go and if your wheels will clear your fenders. You go low enough and you may end up having to roll your fenders out so they aren't in the way.
Rolling fenders out the question, but I could add a rear camber kit and put some negative camber so they tuck

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Rolling fenders out the question, but I could add a rear camber kit and put some negative camber so they tuck
Rolling doesn't mean pulling them out, just rolling the inner lip...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
625 Posts
hey Blue Devil are you from my area? I also got my mazda from akron. I couldnt find ur pics but im.new to this forum. Do you have rims also? I put 18s on mine but they have to much tire, 245/40/18.. so I was gunna put 205/35/18 and do a 2inch drop. Any thoughts
Ahh yeah I forget about the post restriction on seeing photos, check back once you have some more posts you should be able to see the pics. I’m from the canal Fulton area where are you from? I do have a set of factory 18s to put on the car they just need painted, for now it just has the original 17s on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ahh yeah I forget about the post restriction on seeing photos, check back once you have some more posts you should be able to see the pics. I’m from the canal Fulton area where are you from? I do have a set of factory 18s to put on the car they just need painted, for now it just has the original 17s on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From Youngstown

·
Super Moderator
16,953 Posts
Camber is fine if you want to ruin your daily driver's tires at 5x the rate - to each his own, but I'd rather not lower than to chew up tires.

·
Super Moderator
16,953 Posts
Hey, we're just being honest and we have no idea your circumstances so we're giving you best practice advice :)

You asked about lowering and we let ya know what can/can't be done.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts