Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an alarm shock sensor upgrade for my 2006 MS6. I was looking at the directions and compairing the wiring harness and they aren't the same. Where the PIN-3H is at(Black-Orange)....mine doesn't have that wire in that spot. The Blue-Red PIN-3J wire is there next to it. I called the dealer and even called Mazda( they sent me an updated version to me, but it was the exact same instructions. Is it possible that because are cars are the european version of the Mazda 6 that the wiring might be different? If someone can help me with this and figure out how to find the right wires to install it. Thank you. Tony :D

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have one, but never got to install it because wires are small, bundled, hard to get to, and i can barely tell the colors apart.

oh..and i dont understnad the directions

take pic's if you get it installed!

if your local we can work together.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
mine came from the dealer with the shock sensor installed. i'll take some pics for you.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mine came from the dealer with the shock sensor installed. i'll take some pics for you.
[/b]
Can you take some up close pics of the wires that are connected to the colored wires on the car harnesses(MACRO SHOTS). And can you please tell me too the colors of the wires that are connected to the shock sensors. Will u be removing the trim plans to do this? If you do all of this for me......you are soooo awesome!! :drive: Thank you so much!!! Tony.

By the way, I love my car! Great bang for the buck car!

I'm also doing LED light bulbs on my car and will be doing a full report on them(w/pics)

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
My shock sensor came installed from the dealer, but from best i can tell:
1. Remove the driver's door sill, it pops right out with little force
2. Gently pull up & away on the weather stripping to expose the drivers kick panel
3. Remove the driver kick panel to expose plugs & fuse box

Now you can see the fuse box with a another box & plugs underneath.

The shock sensor has four wires
Shock Senor Color >> In Car Color >> Location
Red >> Light Blue / Red >> Larger white plug, front of fuse box facing driver, near the top
Black >> Black >> Small white, 5 wire plug, front of fuse box facing driver
Orange >> Orange >> Harness above fuse box, bundle of about 20 wires
Brown >> Light Green / Black Larger >> white plug on back of fuse box, first top pin

4. Connect up each of the wires using scotchlocks, or tap & tape
5. Zip tie the shock senor to bundle of wire, set sensitivity to mid point
6. Reinstall, DKP & sill
7. Test & adjust sensitivity as needed

good luck, mk

·
Registered
381 Posts
isnt it installed on passenger side? thats weird?

thanks for taking the pics!!!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
it's installed in the DKP on the speed6 at least. on the speed6 the advanced keyless is also on the DKP.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
yeah on the regular 6 it's located on the passenger side under the carpet next to the stereo and climate

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My shock sensor came installed from the dealer, but from best i can tell:
1. Remove the driver's door sill, it pops right out with little force
2. Gently pull up & away on the weather stripping to expose the drivers kick panel
3. Remove the driver kick panel to expose plugs & fuse box

Now you can see the fuse box with a another box & plugs underneath.

The shock sensor has four wires
Shock Senor Color >> In Car Color >> Location
Red >> Light Blue / Red >> Larger white plug, front of fuse box facing driver, near the top
Black >> Black >> Small white, 5 wire plug, front of fuse box facing driver
Orange >> Orange >> Harness above fuse box, bundle of about 20 wires
Brown >> Light Green / Black Larger >> white plug on back of fuse box, first top pin

4. Connect up each of the wires using scotchlocks, or tap & tape
5. Zip tie the shock senor to bundle of wire, set sensitivity to mid point
6. Reinstall, DKP & sill
7. Test & adjust sensitivity as needed

good luck, mk
[/b]
Great write up and awesome pics!!!. :drive: Thank you so much(I'm super happy now!!) I will install it tomorrow. The weird thing about the instructions that Mazda gave me is that it is wrong. The black wire on the shock sensor to the black wire on the wire harness, not the black/orange wire as the instructions says. Thanks again. Tony :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
One quick tip... DO NOT test the shock sensor by smacking the A pillar of the car. Unlike other cars, the Mazda 3 and 6 have fairly weak outer sheetmetal here.

You will likely create dent's. I speak from experience. :(

Use a tennis ball or similar on the windshield like the instructions state.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
the shock sensor actually works pretty well. i had to adjust mine a little less sensitive from the factory. it kept going off from the neighbor's loud music.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just tried installing my shock sensor today using the instructions above (my wiring also didn't match the instructions) but the thing doesn't seem to be working. Even at its most sensitive setting I can't get it to go off.

I did notice that there is a red LED on the sensor. For those of you who have installed it, is the LED supposed to be on?

I also noticed that there was already something spliced into the orange ACC wire (a box about the size of a matchbox) which was not in any pictures I've seen. Advanced keyless entry perhaps?

I don't have a DMM so I can't confirm that all the connections are good.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nevermind, I tracked down my problem. For some dumb reason I ended up splicing into the wrong blue wire even though I knew which one I was looking for.

It's set to the lowest sensitivity according to the tennis ball method in the instructions. Hopefully it's not too sensitive to be set off by noise on the street,

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nevermind, I tracked down my problem. For some dumb reason I ended up splicing into the wrong blue wire even though I knew which one I was looking for.

It's set to the lowest sensitivity according to the tennis ball method in the instructions. Hopefully it's not too sensitive to be set off by noise on the street,
[/b]
I did the tennis ball thing too, but It was going off when I put it at the lowest setting. I just adjusted a little more them the lowest sens level and everything is fine.

The red light comes on if the sensor detects motion. :ninja: :biggun:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts