Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just curious if anyone has tried one of these on either their Speed6 or another vehicle?

http://www.fumotovalve.com/

On a Speed6 application I'm not quite sure if there would be any galvanic action between the brass body and the aluminum drain or if you would still use an aluminum crush washer?

·
Registered
364 Posts
I think they offer very little to no value. I had one once, didn't really impact my life when I think it's just as easy to turn a wrench as it is to flip the lever on the fumoto.

I'd prefer to have less moving parts on a sensitive area as well, so I shy away going forward.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'v got one on both my 6s and my Ranger. Unlike atc5, I look forward to flipping the lever and not getting a handful of oil as the plug comes loose (that's just me). I got the nipple style so I can attach a hose and direct it right into the drain pan.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
I'v got one on both my 6s and my Ranger. Unlike atc5, I look forward to flipping the lever and not getting a handful of oil as the plug comes loose (that's just me). I got the nipple style so I can attach a hose and direct it right into the drain pan.
[/b]
My oil changes have been cleaner and easier with the valve. The oil flow is better too. None of it dripping back to the bottom of the pan and making a mess.

I can't comment of galvanic action between the pan and the drain, but I don't see anything awry yet. A rubber washer comes included with the valve.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
prevents or adds a solution to stripped threads...

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Did u guys get the model # F106N & Adapter ADP106? I think this would be a great item to have on your car if you change your own oil. :drive:

·
Registered
967 Posts
Nice, just read it. I'm getting two right now. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Yep I use it to prevent oil EVERYWHERE (how freakin' hard is it to get it to flow in a controlled manner when you're unscrewing the plug?) as wella s to prevent stripping the thread. Love it.

Oh...old thread. That was in response to the original question. lol

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
QUOTE (smoker6 @ Jan 2 2009, 01:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1498230
Yep I use it to prevent oil EVERYWHERE (how freakin' hard is it to get it to flow in a controlled manner when you're unscrewing the plug?) as wella s to prevent stripping the thread. Love it.[/b]
Sick, what model did you get? the one stated above?

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Just ordered, since i'll be doing oil very shortly (as soon as balance shaft delet kit comes in, and a bunch of other goodies). I'll post my results here when i get it installed.

F106NA F-106 Valve w/Nipple & Adaptor ADP106 1 $31.95 $31.95

Subtotal: $31.95
Tax: $0.00
Shipping and Handling: $4.00
Grand Total: $35.95[/b]
Thanks for the detective work bova!

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
so am i the only one who enjoys hot oil all over their body?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
oh I love hot oil all over me ... especially transmission oil. That was an experience and a half!

But this looks like a reasonable offer. :)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I've got one as well. I kind of like it, as I like to change my oil right after driving, so it's always hot.

It's great to flip the valve to change oil......but then you have to change the filter so it's kind of a wash.

But I do like it though.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
QUOTE (bova80 @ Jan 2 2009, 10:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1498473
if you want to save 10% on this type the coupon code YM4

also do you think we need to use a crush washer?[/b]
Like a brass crush washer?

I think that's a bit much. You'd have to put a bit of torque on it to actually get the washer to deform a few mils. Seems like you'd really be putting a lot through those aluminum threads in the drain pan.

And u're tightening it against that flimsy drain pan material, which also may deform slightly, not like the sturdy cast body on the turbo where you put the coolant lines...... made of steel which won't deform, and the crush washer will.

I'd just use that rubber washer they provide with the valve.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts