Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed the clutch ruining their left shoe? What I mean is that when removing your left foot from the clutch and placing it on the rest pedal the side of the clutch pedal comes in contact with the right side of your good leather left shoe. Am I the only one?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
My shoes look fine? Do you have wide feet? Sounds like driving habbit more than car design...

I DO however notice that the driver side arm-rest / handle thing .. where you put your elbow when holding the lower left section of the steering wheel... is starting to get a "dent" in it.. from resting my elbow on it all the time...

Its padded so the padding is starting to wear out I think...

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My shoes look fine? Do you have wide feet? Sounds like driving habbit more than car design...

I DO however notice that the driver side arm-rest / handle thing .. where you put your elbow when holding the lower left section of the steering wheel... is starting to get a "dent" in it.. from resting my elbow on it all the time...

[/b]
On that subject, all the pressure I put on my 6s armrest caused the latch to open up when I'm reting my arm. I try to be a little lighter with my MS6.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I wish the arm-rest extended further. Or that my fast-food drink cups didn't reach so high. It affects my shifting.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I know what you mean, when I have a drink and a straw in it...gets in the way pretty badly.

Well bettter than my 240, that thing had no cup holder to begin with.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know what you mean, when I have a drink and a straw in it...gets in the way pretty badly.

Well bettter than my 240, that thing had no cup holder to begin with.
[/b]
Yeah, Nissan does that. I had a 300zx and it had ACC and everything, but no cup holders.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Heh...I am actually rubbing some of the carpet off right next to the accelerator. Man, the floor mats and carpet on this car is cheap. Even my Ford ZX2 didn't wear out, and that was like 4+ years.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I wish that we got the rubber heel pads on our floormats like the speed3's get. i'm wearing a spot pretty badly between the gas and brake as i heel toe all the time, so i just pivot on one point, no lifting.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wish that we got the rubber heel pads on our floormats like the speed3's get. i'm wearing a spot pretty badly between the gas and brake as i heel toe all the time, so i just pivot on one point, no lifting.
[/b]
The all weather floor mats seem to have a pretty thick, hard to wear, carpet material on them.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The all weather floormats are 1/2" thick rubber with no carpeting at all.
[/b]
I am mistaken then. The regular floormats are much thicker and clean so much easier than the ones in my 6s.

·
Registered
700 Posts
hahaha, i just checked the bottom of my left shoe...sure enough its worn down in a squareish shape right in the middle. oh well i need new shoes anyways.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Score another 1 for me. Who else noticed? Point being, the metal corner of the clutch can do some serious leather damage.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Just from reading a few posts it seems we have inferior paint, carpets and cheap padding. I wonder what other suprises await the Mazda buyer. I'm begining to wish Toyota made a sport sedan; you just don't see those problems in a Toyota. B4 the flames pour in, I realize that there's near zero likelihood for Toyota to build a fun-to-drive sedan in the near future.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Score another 1 for me. Who else noticed? Point being, the metal corner of the clutch can do some serious leather damage.
[/b]
No problems here, but then I know better than to rub the side of my foot against the pedals which among other things can be dirty (the bottoms of your feet are not clean when you get in your car unless you can levitate).

:nana:

·
Registered
59 Posts

[/b]

My headrest is developing a rather large indentation - I assume caused by the size of my gigantic head I seem to have developed since driving my car :nana:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts