Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, I'm new to the Mazda side of things. I've just recently traded in my 03 Accord EX V6 Six Speed in on a 06 Liquid Platinum GT Speed 6. The price I haggled down to was just too good of an offer to pass up. ($23,600 OTD). Anyway, to my problem. Has anybody else had any airbag problems?? Specifally the rear Side air bag? I bought the car this past Saturday and noticed the Airbag light was lit on the cluster. I didn't worry about it because I was going to have the dealer look at it on Monday when I got the New car detail done. (It was too busy that Sat). So, long story short, they are having to order the whole Airbag module for the rear from Cali. That was monday, it's now Thursday and still no part yet!! Has anybody else had this problem? I love the Speed 6 so far, (The whole DAY I"ve had it in my hands), but it's really starting to piss me off the car is in the shop for a full week already :nono: :nono:

On a side note, I already ordered the CP-E Exhaust with extra resonator, CP-E downpipe with Cat, CP-E BOV Kit, and CP-E Intake. I will be installing all at once and will give my impression on the added performance. BTW, I have a 1990 Nissan 240 with SR20DET as well with 372whp to compare it side by side with.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crap happens, all companies get a few faulty airbags from the manufacturer, you were just unlucky and got one. Take a poll on how many VW owners have had airbag replacements under warranty and you should feel A LOT better :)
[/b]
Yeah man, I guess you are right. It just sucks to have a brand new car that you've spent $2200 in mods already, and cant even drive it. I like your wheels btw. Bronze and white is the heat. I thought about painting my 240 white just to go with my bronze Enkei's better :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Damn you didnt even waste anytime getting into mods. As for the airbag light I havnt seen any other complaints about it on here so I would say WRC2 is 100% right.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn you didnt even waste anytime getting into mods. As for the airbag light I havnt seen any other complaints about it on here so I would say WRC2 is 100% right.
[/b]
Haha. Yeah, I normally try not to wast time when it comes to that. See, the main reason to get the 6 was it's upside potential. I truly hated to part with my accord. It did everything right except it was front wheel drive, and I had every performance mod that really gave power to it. It did dyno at 223.7 whp though. Not to shabby for an Accord. It ran a best of 14.1 @101 with a crappy 60 foot.

Back to talking about the Mazda. I'm pretty optomistic that with all major bolt ons minus an upgraded turbo, it should run really, really low 13's, or high 12's. They real key will be upgrading to a more functional Intercooler. :yesnod:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts