Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i was just wondering if anyone has used the Drive system from Harmon Kardon. Its the one with the separate screen that mounts on ur dash and also has separate controls to be mounted...just wondering if anyone has any pro/cons or experiences....thanks ahead of time

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey, i was just wondering if anyone has used the Drive system from Harmon Kardon. Its the one with the separate screen that mounts on ur dash and also has separate controls to be mounted...just wondering if anyone has any pro/cons or experiences....thanks ahead of time
[/b]

yeah just got it last friday... not back.. the fm transmission sucks.. worse than the monster one.. but waiting for the auxmod to come out then hook it directly to the headunit... the menu options aren't as good as on the ipod but for convenience its not bad... plus I got it for 80$ from best buy... you can get the wired antenna connection for $30 not sure how much better it sounds...not a bad option

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya...black friday deal hahaha my mom bought it, but i dont get it till xmas lol....sooo when does the auxmod come out and how much? i dunno if i want it if i cant hardwire it in

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump...anyone else use this product? or what are your reactions to the Audiolink as far as sound quality?

·
Registered
421 Posts
i never had the harmon/kardon in my 6 but a friend of mine had it. Its a cool device to have but as mowgli said it does use fm transmission which is crappy quality.
i had the audio link in my 6 and the quality was always great. Just no screen that shows you what songs you're playing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The Drive+Play has to be the best most intuitive option for the ipod car integration to date. I've done alot of research and there's really nothing out there that's as easy to use. granted its not fully integrated into your head unit but with one bar of text displayed and one push buttons how fast do you think you can get through thousands of songs or hundreds of artists?! the Drive and Plays is quick and easy and has a nice display... i will say that the FM trans.. sucks you have to at least get the optional antenna wire. which works fairly well but for you audiobahns you have to get the auxmod. I still havent gotten it but its on my to do list. I love the device and its well worth the money. honestly for what it does its not expensive and you luck F$*(kers who got it on black friday good job i paid 150 but still well worth it. I highly recomend it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts