Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, which fuse can i use to hardwire my radar? i searched and i don't get results. i want the radar to only be on, when the key is turned, not at all times. thanks.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Hello everyone, which fuse can i use to hardwire my radar? i searched and i don't get results. i want the radar to only be on, when the key is turned, not at all times. thanks.
[/b]
um, can't you just wire it to the cigarette lighter (behind it)?

·
Registered
548 Posts
there was somebody a while back that hardwired it into a wire behind the driver's side A-pillar. I couldn't tell you which wire it was, but it got the results you are looking for. I would assume the cigarette lighter would be another option as well

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
there was somebody a while back that hardwired it into a wire behind the driver's side A-pillar. I couldn't tell you which wire it was, but it got the results you are looking for. I would assume the cigarette lighter would be another option as well
[/b]

The A Pillar isnt a bad idea come to think of it.

You actually dont even have to go behind the pillar.

Remove the map light box by first removing the 2 screws and pulling the housing off, with some force.

There is a harness there IIRC, with just 2 wires. I believe it is there for the compass/autodimming add-on accessory. That same harness/wire (pair) cna be found behind the A Pillar.

They way I did it was wire it to the cig lighter. The radar wires ran under the center gloce compartment and behind the dash.

I am installing my Homelink/Autodim/Compass mirror as soon as it gets here, and will try to install the radar detector as well to that same harness.

·
Registered
856 Posts
The A Pillar isnt a bad idea come to think of it.

You actually dont even have to go behind the pillar.

Remove the map light box by first removing the 2 screws and pulling the housing off, with some force.

There is a harness there IIRC, with just 2 wires. I believe it is there for the compass/autodimming add-on accessory. That same harness/wire (pair) cna be found behind the A Pillar.
[/b]
This is exactly what I did, works great.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I wired mine to the cig. lighter fuse, works like a charm. theres so many ways you can do this..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts