Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking all over for 17x7 steelies.

tirerack is out, tires23 I cant find them on the site, tires.com, amazon, anywhere..

anyone have a link to some cheap-ass winter wheels?

1k for 17' rims and tires or 18' blizzaks is a little steep.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I think thet are only avail in canada ask those guys. You can not get them here in the states.. I tried trust me...

·
Registered
217 Posts
I live in Canada and couldn't find them. Had to spend $1600 on Mazda 3 gt rims and Toyo garits

·
Registered
249 Posts
i got 17" steelies and conti's from TIRECRAFT... $1300

·
Registered
79 Posts
^ at that point, why get steelies? I got a set of nice real rims and snow tires from thetirerack for ~800 shipped.

Oh, just realized you're in Canada... what does 1300 work out to be from rubles or whatever it is that you guys use up there... :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
i got 17" steelies and conti's from TIRECRAFT... $1300
[/b]
Really? I shopped for weeks online and around Calgary then ordered the Mazda's. I do have to say I am glad that I paid about $300 more for OEM 17 inch alloy rims and Toyos that the steelies...

^ at that point, why get steelies? I got a set of nice real rims and snow tires from thetirerack for ~800 shipped.

Oh, just realized you're in Canada... what does 1300 work out to be from rubles or whatever it is that you guys use up there... :)
[/b]

$1127 USD (today)

·
Registered
249 Posts
If I could have gotten OEM's and Toyo's for my car for that price... I would have also gone with them... But the local dealer wanted like $1800 for that setup... So I went with Tire Craft.

After I drove the car for a few days I found that if I hit a BIG bump or hole in the road, the tires rub on the wheel well. The offset on the rims is wrong.. :( I checked to see if there was any damage to the tire/wheel, and called Tire Craft. He said it should be a big deal... And I told him that i was too concerned about it.

Most of the time its just me in the car anyways... So i feel that it shouldn't damage anything... Too much... :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts