Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with my Mazda6.. when the temperature Heat Up the engine cuts off and it takes 2-3 hours and then it becomes hard start.... please what will I do..

·
Registered
561 Posts
So the Mazda is overheating? You would have to find the cause of it overheating. Look for broken hoses, check the coolant, make sure the fans are working. There is just so much to list. Start with those and if still nothing, it may be the tstat or water pump.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Can you provide us with some more detail please?

Does the car shut off by itself once it becomes fully warm? does the coolant temperature gauge indicate your car is overheating?

Or do you mean, that when you turn the car off by yourself and wait 2 or 3 hours, then you have trouble with hard start?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Can you provide us with some more detail please?

Does the car shut off by itself once it becomes fully warm? does the coolant temperature gauge indicate your car is overheating?

Or do you mean, that when you turn the car off by yourself and wait 2 or 3 hours, then you have trouble with hard start?
When its hot out and the timing is off, itll die and be hard to start till the chain cools back down and allows it to start sort of "fine".

·
Registered
797 Posts
Suffice to say, thats why i have a 3.
What? I thought the 3 and the 6 has almost the same platform. Are you saying that the new 3 is better than the 6?

The one that you explained about the timing being out of sync is good information for me. And on this topic, is there a way to prevent this from happening?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
What? I thought the 3 and the 6 has almost the same platform. Are you saying that the new 3 is better than the 6?

The one that you explained about the timing being out of sync is good information for me. And on this topic, is there a way to prevent this from happening?
The chain adjusters are hydraulic, just like any other type/brand, BUT they are dependent on the motors oil pressure to maintain their working pressure, not self contained like Mitsubishi. Lose oil pressure and you lose timing possibly. Im quite sure thats what happened to my 6 and i thought it was a head gasket since i was using a LOT of coolant after a wp replacement (i have a thread on it) so i took it to a friend of a friend who did some work on another friends Jeep and i was satisfied, what i didnt know was, he wasnt going to be the one who did the work. Long story shorter, i think they replaced one of the adjusters with a faulty unit and didnt want to back up their work after it died in less than 2 months and less than 1000 miles (i barely drove it 9k/yr, took me 14 months to put 10k on the 3) despite the issue of the mechanic quitting during the job.

·
Registered
797 Posts
(i have a thread on it)
I can't find it using tapatalk, "no topics" is displayed under "started by". Unfortunately, the web view doesn't show the threads you have started. I do hope there will be an update on this.

I really like the old one, the old version. Perhaps I simply don't like "change" from something I'm used to. And perhaps I should update tapatalk, it might show the thread you have started.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I can't find it using tapatalk, "no topics" is displayed under "started by". Unfortunately, the web view doesn't show the threads you have started. I do hope there will be an update on this.

I really like the old one, the old version. Perhaps I simply don't like "change" from something I'm used to. And perhaps I should update tapatalk, it might show the thread you have started.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts