Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, its well into the new year at this moment in time, but no matter. I'd like to wish all my friends here in Vancouver a Happy New Year. I wish you guys all the best in 2007 and hope and pray that this new year brings all of us happiness, prosperity and turbo kits.

Anyway... I washed and waxed my car yesterday... spent so long on it that it was dark by the time I was finished. Decided that I'd take pics the next day... and this morning I find that its raining. Must've forgotten that I was in Vancouver :)

Oh well. Such is life. Peace.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
And a Happy New Year to everyone and guess what? My car problems are continuing where they left off. My car won't start and now I'm just sitting here waiting for roadside assistance. What a way to start off the New Year. When I try turning on the car, the engine sounds like it's going to turn just for a split second and then all the lights turn on and the needles jump to the other side and back and that's it. *sigh* I'm starting to really really doubt whether I'll buy another Mazda again. Of all days, it does it on New Year's Day when everyone is closed.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Happy New Years Everyone!

Gotta keep my baby clean for the start of new years :) but now it going to be dirty again :( . Guess as long as it snows in the mountain I don't mind the rain at all.

Calvin...dead battery? the needle on my car did a sweep too when my battery was low.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
And a Happy New Year to everyone and guess what? My car problems are continuing where they left off. My car won't start and now I'm just sitting here waiting for roadside assistance. What a way to start off the New Year. When I try turning on the car, the engine sounds like it's going to turn just for a split second and then all the lights turn on and the needles jump to the other side and back and that's it. *sigh* I'm starting to really really doubt whether I'll buy another Mazda again. Of all days, it does it on New Year's Day when everyone is closed.
[/b]
Sorry to hear of your problems wing woo. I hope it works out to be something really simple.

And to all: Happy New Year!!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Haroon beat me to the punch...oh wait it's past 2 pm already, haha.

Anyway, happy new year and best wishes to everyone for the coming 365 days.

And definitely to Calvin, I hope things get sorted very quickly.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Thanks guys. Yeah, it is the battery. Need to go buy one tomorrow. In the meantime, need to just drive my dad's Mazda 323 until I change the battery in my car. Let's just hope that is the last of my problems. And everyone, have a Happy New Year.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Happy New Year to you all!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Happy New Years.. hope everyone had a good year and hope for a better year for Calvin's car :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Happy New year everyone, and Calvin I think it might be time to trade in your car for something new ;)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Happy new year everybody!! Sorry been away from the forums of late....been really busy with family gatherings, and hosting parties this past month!! But Hope everybody have a good 2007!!!

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Happy new year everyone!

I spent the weekend up at Whistler in a Condo right in the village, and celebrated new years there! $50 for 3 days, sweeet!!

Thank goodness for the 6 5-door! We had a crapload of skiis, boots, poles, luggage, bags of food, and other crap in there it reminded me why I chose the practicality of a hatch :) And thank goodness I got rid of those stock crappy michilens.

Oh and by the way, the 6 rocks on road trips and twisty hills like those going up to whistler! Its so comfy, great on hill climbs (v6 mtx). Feels solid and handles like a champ on those sea to sky highways!

P.s. Sorry about your car problems Calvin, things usually come in bunches then it'll slow down. Hang in there!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
$50 for 3 days? Wow, good stuff, Spidy :)

I was there during mid-December at Intrawest, over by Blackcomb base.

I'm guessing it's packed on the slopes now, eh?

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
$50 for 3 days? Wow, good stuff, Spidy :)

I was there during mid-December at Intrawest, over by Blackcomb base.

I'm guessing it's packed on the slopes now, eh?
[/b]
Yup, a friend of a friend has a timeshare...and her plans got interrupted so she just let us use it since it was going to sit empty anyways.

As for the crowds, surprisingly even though it was packed the waits weren't busy at all on the runs we went on... at least the runs we went on. A worker there we spoke to said they had a record number of people ... combined 24,000 on new years eve -- at $65 thats 1.56 million in one day!

But yeah, snow was awesome, and it was dumping even more when we left.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
i also was there mid december in a condo. $70 for 2 nights and it was some timeshare thing too. i forgot the name but our entrance to the place was right beside the whistler gondola. it even had a jacuzzi right by the front window which was great!

I leaving Thursday night for whistler again. it says there's 4 feet of fresh snow overnight...wow! Go stock Michelins :\ .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts