Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to get the search engine to play nicely with my PC so I'm posting here looking for help with this. I'm putting the dde raptor kit in my 6 on saturday and I wanted to figure out before hand what i'll need. A walk through or video of removing the headlights and bumper would help greatly. thanks in advance and if this is a noob question i apologize but I don't see this info pinned up top.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Heres quick how to
Remove front bumper
Remove 5 bolts holding headlight housing
Remove power connector in rear
Remove headlight housing
TAKE OUT YOUR TURN SIGNALS
Remove the 8 metal clips
Heat up an edge using a heat gun and just start prying away, comes off pretty easy just dont rush it and wear some heat gloves
Remove the 6 screws 2 being phillips head 4 being torx 20 bit
Remove metal piece
Take out the bezel
Tape your halos on
Put bezel back in
Put metal piece back on
Put screws back in
Put housing back together with metal clips
Take a few minutes heating up all the edges to re-adhere the glue
Put headlight housing back in
Tap into sidemarker wires tape or solder
drill holes in back of high beam dust cap
Feed wires thru those holes and connect them
Reconnect power source for headlights
Put bolts back on
Put bumper back on and your done

I HIGHLY RECOMEND YOU CHECK TO MAKE SURE YOUR HALOS ARE WORKING BEFORE YOU PUT YOUR HOUSING BACK TOGETHER ALSO MAKE SURE YOUR BATTERY IS DISCONNECTED BEFORE YOU WIRE THEM UP
Tools needed
Torx 20 bit
Phillips head screw driver
10mm bit
Heat gun
Electrical tape or solder

May seem like alot but it really isnt if I did it again it wouldnt take me more then 2-3hours Dont let all those steps scare you, also make sure you put your location up
I think that covers it all if you have anymore questions feel free to pm me

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i read that, really wanting a video though if possible. i know black_magic had one a loooonnnnnngggg time ago on taking the bumper off but the link doesn't work anymore.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Oh OK...I didn't know it doesn't work anymore. Perhaps you can PM him to see if he still have the copy and upload somewhere for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts