Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

I was just replacing ... my CV Axle .. and I noticed that there is some play on the Halfshaft ( I can move it left><right ) is this normal ?

PS, Is the SST tool necessary to hold the differential gear ?

Do you grease spindles ( the ones that are going in to tranny ? ) or they should be just squaky clean ? I guess they have contact with ATF ?

Thank You

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did you ever get an answer to this? I'm in the middle of replacing both my CV Joints too and would be interested to hear.

I'm stuck at getting the lower ball joints off the wheel hub. I'm trying to use this:

3/4" Forged Ball Point Joint Separator

I had to grind out the fork a bit to make it fit, but it didn't do the trick last night. I'll have a little more time to play with it tomorrow.

Also, the nut on the bolt holding the Strut Fork to the lower control arm is pretty torn up. Is that bolt generic enough that I could replace it if I were to just cut through it?

Any other tips?

BTW - I have another thread here. (I can use all the help I can get!)

http://forum.mazda6club.com/engine-drivetrain/237321-cv-joints-half-shafts-stuck.html

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Prop the steering knuckle with a jack or 4x4 piece of wood. Then use a hammer and hit down on the the 2 lower control arms.You can use a 2x4 on top to hit with the hammer to absorb the blows to the lower control arms and not mar them, That should do the trick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts