Mazda 6 Forums banner

Halfadozen's Mazda6 Photos

7K views 56 replies 30 participants last post by  Ruefus 
#1 ·
Finally got a break in the weather here in Michigan and spent some quality time with Toughguard and my Mazda6. Here are the results!

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
Replying to Topic 'Halfadozen's Mazda6 Photos'

Originally posted by Haris

Do you have the sport package? If so, how come the red illuminated (sp?) dash lights aren't on?[/b]
Yes I do; and the guages are not illuminated because the car is off. :D

Discussion starter · #6 ·

Originally posted by wongpres

halfadozen,

How easy was the toughguard to apply (can you even apply it in the cold)? And what differences do you notice with it?

Very nice car BTW, interesting you took a pic of the V6 decal - I didn't notice it on the factory pictures you posted earlier, dealer add-on?[/b]
The Toughguard was quite simple to do; much easier than I thought it would be. You take your clean car, you wash it in a solution you mix up with one canister of stuff. Then you let that dry to a haze and rinse it off. Then you dry the car and apply the second bottle of stuff like wax, you apply it and then you let it dry and buff it off. Very easy to buff; no real effort. The results are what you would expect from any high quality finish protecterent product; the proof of how really good it is will come in time.

I applied it in the warm spell we had today; 43° F :D Worked great.

The V6 emblem isn't a decal; it is a metal emblem that is stuck on at MANA (no I don't know what that stands for); they apply the side door moulding and the fancy compass/Homlink mirror too. MANA is literally across the street from the factory and they are responsible for transporting all the cars across the country and beyond from the Flat Rock plant.

Discussion starter · #18 ·
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Halfadozen's Mazda6 Photos'

Checked with my wife; that is done factory. You don't have one and should? Print out my pic and get thee to your dealer.

Discussion starter · #25 ·

Originally posted by DIRT RACER

The v6 sings on the side are stock.  I talked to my mazda dealer today.  It is on all late produced 6s with the sport pk.  So check your VIN#  to who has them and who does not.  He did not know when they started to put them on but he said if you look at a few VIN# you should get a good idea of when they started.[/b]
My car was built on Friday the 13th of December, 2002. It was one of the first to have the side emblems put on. All 6S's after that date will have them.

Discussion starter · #27 ·

Nice!!!  You got the good luck car!  Friday the 13th and to top it off it is RED.  Did you ever read the Stephen King book or see the movie Christine!!??:D :D[/b]
Yes I did... gotta watch out eh? :D

Discussion starter · #31 ·

Originally posted by moocat

Does your car have a sister?

:cheers[/b]
I have a 99 Ford Taurus SHO that we are using to keep miles off my wife's Excursion till her lease it up. It was my car since new... until I got the 6. :D

Discussion starter · #33 ·

Originally posted by meat6

Originally posted by halfadozen

The v6 sings on the side are stock.  I talked to my mazda dealer today.  It is on all late produced 6s with the sport pk.  So check your VIN#  to who has them and who does not.  He did not know when they started to put them on but he said if you look at a few VIN# you should get a good idea of when they started.[/b]
My car was built on Friday the 13th of December, 2002. It was one of the first to have the side emblems put on. All 6S's after that date will have them.[/b][/quote]

Could you tell me how to find the build date of my 6....Thanx :D [/b][/quote]

Marry someone in qualtiy control at the plant. That is what I did.

I cannot find the build date of your car though.

Discussion starter · #41 ·

My car was built on Friday the 13th of December, 2002. It was one of the first to have the side emblems put on. All 6S's after that date will have them.[/b][/quote]

Could you tell me how to find the build date of my 6....Thanx :D [/b][/quote]

Marry someone in qualtiy control at the plant. That is what I did.

I cannot find the build date of your car though.[/b][/quote]

Are you happily married ? ;) [/b][/quote]

Last time I checked I was. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.